Recent content by halesgirl

  1. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Thanks very much! I couldn't find my original thread. I don't recall doing anything to set it off. They've been feeling so great I haven't even been paying attention to them. It was the new pain that got my attention. I will definitely be calling the surgeon if it continues for any length of...
  2. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Hello all! It's been a while since I've been on here. Hope everyone is doing well. August 20 will be one year since my BTKR and my knees have been feeling wonderful. Then last week my right started to hurt again and has hurt ever since. Had this happened to anyone else?
  3. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Thank you. I'll try to continue to be patient.
  4. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    So I'm now 14 weeks post surgery and still battling stiff knees on both sides and pain still in one knee. Shouldn't I be bouncing back by now? Is it possible they're so stiff and painful because I'm NOT doing any physical therapy?
  5. H

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    @ Beachy - I had my surgery at Mercy Medical Center and cannot say enough good things this hospital. The Ortho Dept is all new with private rooms and the most amazing nurses. And my surgeon was one of the best and she specializes in women's Ortho. I knew the minute I met her she was who I...
  6. H

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Good job Beachy!! I also left PT after they hurt me and am now doing my own excercising at home. BTW - I'm also in Maryland! We are so fortunate to have so many great hospitals at our disposal.
  7. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Thanks for the responses everyone. Think I'll continue to let my knees heal on their own. They're stiff and swollen enough as it is when I get home from work.
  8. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Hello all! I am now 11 weeks post-surgery and officially back to full time work as of yesterday. Even though it is a desk job, I come home completely exhausted. Been icing my knees all evening but now can't get to sleep. At my last OS visit she advised me that my VMO muscles (inner quads I...
  9. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Thanks everyone for the responses!! So glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to.
  10. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    So new question everyone! The day after my BTKR when the nurses got me up to get into my recliner my blood pressure plummeted and I fainted. Later that day in PT I started feeling dizzy and my BP was 90/54 and they took me back to my room. I have never had low BP before and it stayed low for...
  11. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    That makes so much sense. I feel so much better than I did a month ago so I'll try to enjoy the progression and deal with the pain as it comes - rest, I've and elevation. Thanks everyone. PS - the doctor did give me something stronger than Tramadol to have on hand if I need it.
  12. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    I'll do that. Thank you.
  13. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    @ Jockette - how long did it take before you felt "normal" and that the TKR was worth doing?
  14. H

    Bilateral PKR Pain After 1 Year

    Clearly!! Here I am thinking woo-hoo, almost there. And then I realize - not even close!! Lol
Back
Top Bottom