Recent content by Gusteenie

  1. G

    Bilateral THR 2 steps forward, 1 back

    Hi to all who are in bi-lateral hip recovery. It has been a journey. I would have a different ache/pain or complaint every week. One issue would resolve itself, another would raise it's head. I am almost 3 months and here's the skinny..... Im gonna be OKAY!!!! I remember my son broke is...
  2. G

    Bilateral THR I’m far 2 Hip for these lousy joints

    Hi: I too, am watching your progress. My bi-lat THR was Sept 17, and had setback without explanation, so I clipped my own wings for the next 2 weeks. Back to medication protocol and more salad!! Wishing you continued success. Thinking my hopes of returning to equestrian life are dwindling...
  3. G

    Bilateral THR 2 steps forward, 1 back

    All comments do help the mind set. Many thanks. In hindsight, my post was largely in part to a depressing day overall. (teary really - so unlike me) Family members and friends seem to have scaled back on concern and helpfulness. Hubby is overwhelmed with work project and has not been as...
  4. G

    Bilateral THR 2 steps forward, 1 back

    Hello All: I am 5 weeks post-op, bi-lateral, anterior. At week 3 I was walking unaided, on regular, albeit light pain meds. This week has been difficult. Started physio, weak 4. light exercise on recumbent bike, with low resistance. My knee now is screaming. I have read threads about this...
  5. G

    Countdown to surgery

    Hi all: Surgery moved to Monday 17th - I am in Ottawa and having Ant. Bi-lat. Bloodwork was good, equipment ordered. Most important piece during feedback was the ice/compression machine. I am not a "techie", so having some difficulty replying to others that post (not trying to ignore you)...
  6. G

    2018 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Is anyone of the Sapphire gems having trouble with knees now? I assume my knees are talking to me, as my posture with bad hips is sending messages south... Had several conversations with volunteers from Canadian based volunteer network that have been through bi-lateral replacements. All have...
  7. G

    Got the date

    Morning all: My date for anterior bi-lat hip replacement is Sept. 18 . Had the bloodwork done and a mandatory "replacement information session". Call back from lab. They need to discuss bloodwork. Hopefully just low iron?
Back
Top Bottom