Recent content by guitarpunk

  1. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks for the reply! Yep totally agree! Mum said “look you haven’t gotten married and had kids, at the moment you probably couldn’t run around with them, if you had them. You are only nearly 32!” Yeah like I said, dr said leg is perfectly fine, it isn’t going to get any worse, so she said...
  2. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks @Mojo333 ! I totally agree. The nurse said that all the dr’s are surgeons, although the dr I had did say she was one of the orthopedic dr’s that work with my surgeon. (Surgeon who did my op run the department). She all in all, spent about 30mins with me, and like you said, told it to...
  3. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Hi everyone, Sorry I haven’t been posting as much lately:) I had my dreaded visit with the hospital, I got good and bad news The good is:- The piece of bone although not reattached, has ossified and has grown pieces of bone, dr said that is a good thing (apparently). The bad:- Do I want...
  4. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks Mojo:) Yeah I felt bad, I had not posted in a while:) My right leg is very tight through my hamstring (inner thigh one) . Like I said previously, dr had a look in December and said it needs rest apparently (hard to do, when I am standing all day at work!) I can feel the fluid move...
  5. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks Layla and Jaycey, Yeah apart from my knee as that leg is still compensating, I have felt pretty good. Physio and dr said is related to the operated hip, I will mention it to the hospital on my next visit, see what they think. I still do at the moment, not stand “straight” all the time...
  6. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Hi everyone, I just wanted to update you all on my progress:yes: I attended physio a week ago, Physio said I am walking extremely well given I have the GT and LT fractures in the operated (left) leg. He said “wow, you are so much straighter and you are not side to side like you where!” He...
  7. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Yeah I do love Christmas time:) Knee makes sense, isn’t as painful on weekends! I have been using a brace most days whilst at work. Some days it isn’t as painful as others, depends what I am doing. I am going to get on my exercise bike tonight, and see how I go on that, good for cardio and the...
  8. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Hi everyone, thanks for the replies:) I haven’t checked in for a few weeks! I went back to my GP who asked “how is your hip going?” I said “yeah not that great!” And showed him the reports from the hospital. He said “when people break their hip, it is quite commen to also break the greater...
  9. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Booked in to see my GP about my my knee and about my hip complication. I went back to physio today, he did the same tests as my last appointment. He can see that the knee is a little bit swollen and that it isn’t completly straight. Also said that he can feel feel the fluid move through the...
  10. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Swamphiker, No I haven’t tried arnica, I assumed it was “homeopathic” so doesn’t really work, in the terms of science. I have got some Fisiocrem it is called contains arnica etc, in the form of a gel. Supposed to releave muscle tightness. Does give me better relief than voltaren gel, weird...
  11. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Yep most likely, I remember I was taking ibuprofen once at work and the pharmacist saw, and said “that’s the same class drug as voltaren!” And I asked why I couldn’t take it. She said “it is very hard on the kidney, so if your function is fine it’s not a problem, but still isn’t recommended. (I...
  12. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Mojo, Absolutely, I can lay on that side of the body, just obviously still a bit sore, although even my good side now gets sore in bed:(
  13. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Yes mojo, I do still ice where I am sore especially when I am on the couch. Was funny was changing a section around at work, only comfortable way to work was to lay on the ground, one of the girls walks over “kane, you ok down there?” And I go “yeah this is the only comfortable position I can...
  14. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks mojo! Much appreciated:) Yeah, now I am back at work, I have a lot more pain generally! Which I knew would happen, if it gets really bad I just take some paracetamol/codeine. I unfortunately can’t take a anti-inflammatory with my one kidney, so the pain isn’t as well controlled as it...
  15. G

    THR Had THR surgery at 31<

    Thanks Layla and Jaycey, I am just about at my breaking point atm. I am going to go back to my GP to find out about the knee pain, but it seems to make sense what the physio and everyone has said, the right leg is compensating for the left leg with the GT, so most of my weight goes into my...
Back
Top Bottom