Recent content by Grumpyjoe

  1. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Other than the light reading I am still doing great. Tylenol 500 x2 3 times a day now just to keep discomfort at a steady level. I find sitting is uncomfortable on hip or back. I get one or the other upset so I am standing and walking more to prevent pain. Funny but true it feels best standing...
  2. Grumpyjoe

    THR It's all over!!

    You will find your own milestones. It took me a while to get on my side and still getting the pillows just right can be difficult. I do notice I can sleep on my belly again for short times. I can even roll onto the surgery side for just a bit now too. All healing goes on and how much we do...
  3. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Everyone is different. I am now feeling the pain of doing too much. I need more horizontal time not to sleep but it is the only way I can relax the hip. Half an hour twice a day makes so much difference. I am down to Tylenol in morning and evening only now. I might up it to 8am 2pm 8pm just to...
  4. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Well I had a day of shopping. Some of you are crazy out there. It almost killed me after one store. No scooters or wheel chairs available and my muscles are toast for the day. It was fun getting out and even driving some. I have been using Tylenol PM to sleep last 3 nights. Really nice finally...
  5. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    I waited 15 years and it almost killed me. Glad to be on the other side now. Doing my best to behave this time so it will be a once in a lifetime event. Sharing and helping others has always been rewarding to the heart.
  6. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Did some outside chores. Wife helped me wash our Fiat and took the blower to the driveway. While wife went shopping I snuck into the garage and set up welding corner. Not quiet ready to weld but frisky enough to get ready. The more I move the better I feel. OK I also feel real tired. 1st...
  7. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    The first breat 30 years ago with 6 mo traction it did not heal right. Play my cards right this time and I will enjoy many years dancing and walking with my wife at my side.
  8. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    It will take time but I know how much stronger I will be. My doctor thought I could have needed the surgery 10 years ago or more. That is behind me and a new strong hip is in front of me. Just need to let it heal and save the hard stuff for next year.
  9. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    St I ll not getting notifications, hmmmmm. Busy week at my shop. I keep thinking things will go oNE way and they defy my logic. Weeded off Tylenol to just twice a day. Incision is still pink and soft. There is a hard lump under that will take time to go away. Sitting hurts the most and I cannot...
  10. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Good night all. Today was my first day on tylenol only. Seems to be the same effect as Norco without the side effects. Still looking for that comfortable position. Stitches out tomorrow maybe that will help. I will take a picture of the xray so I will see the hardware. Hope everyone is doing well.
  11. Grumpyjoe

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    I am the type of person that always took care of the problems. Broken bones big cuts nothing stopped me when I was on a mission. I could endure anything until now. I have been humbled and have to depend on others for most everything. It gets better as you heal. I can dress now without help, I do...
  12. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Josephine page four near the bottom is a really long post with the answers. It took a while for me to get to a computer to clip and paste. Since then so much has changed. Now I only feel discomfort deep in the joint most likely due to the grafting and carving. Occasionally I have spasms but...
  13. Grumpyjoe

    THR Finally on the recovery side!

    Congrats. Comfort will be the thing for a bit. Still find sitting hard and the only place I am always comfy is bed but that is depressing. Give things time. For me the first week was bad but now things are much better. Keep spirits high and post problems when you can. This group is amazing.
  14. Grumpyjoe

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    For some reason notifications were turned off. I thought everyone forgot about me. Site looks just as irritated as before. I wipe it with alcohol as advised and have left it open and airy. The itching is just over the staples as I use lotion around the area keeping it far clear of the...
  15. Grumpyjoe

    THR Doodles51 recovery

    Glad you too are getting better. The last three days for me have been a miracle. Already today I have walked over 200 feet, helped make the bed, showered, and was able to do all sorts of little cleanups? I even put a camp chair in the front yard to enjoy the outdoors some. My grand daughters and...
Back
Top Bottom