Recent content by grumpy231

  1. G

    Built different - Bilateral hip impingements - recovery

    Today is day 19 - I think. Things are a bit harder going. I've had a rash- abdomen, chest, and a wee bit on neck, arm, leg etc. I discovered it over the weekend and it was not an alarming rash (I initially thought it was from the things they stick on during surgery, but have too many spots for...
  2. G

    TKR A fresh start

    Not sure if still relevant, but dehydration can affect tinnitus.
  3. G

    Built different - Bilateral hip impingements - recovery

    Sorry - forgot to say, please can someone remove the hip resurfacing tag from the title. Not sure how it got there, and I don't think it quite fits what I have going on. Thankyou:)
  4. G

    Built different - Bilateral hip impingements - recovery

    So its day 11 today, and the journey has been quite different to what i expected. There were 6 different procedures done to my right hip in the end. Trimming the hip socket rim hollowing out the neck of the ball of the hip repairing the labrum and reanchoring (rim alteration affects the...
  5. G

    Built different - Bilateral hip impingements - recovery

    Day 4 today. I managed the exercycle today. 2 lots of 10 mins very slowly. I understand this is unusual for hip replacements (which I did not have) but is the standard treatment for my surgery. going for a walk is unfortunately a no no (even on crutches) as it irritates surgery sites that I...
  6. G

    Built different - Bilateral hip impingements - recovery

    Hi Everyone I'm on the other side of the first (right) hip surgery. The surgery itself went well (well the surgeon said so, still waiting for the nerve block to wear off, then will be able to tell!) I was the second on the list for the day which was great - not all that waiting round and...
  7. G

    need help with ideas for travel footwear for potential swollen foot post surgery

    Thankyou - there are some great suggestions there! Thankfully I have my Husband escorting me so he can deal with all the tricky bits, transport, luggage etc. And yes, the surgeon has approved flying, and we have organised the wheelchair option. I had not thought about compression socks - yes...
  8. G

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hi Mr Fun Im really sorry to hear of your really difficult journey. I just wanted to make a suggestion in case your new surgeon appointment doesn't go well. To find a specialist who focusses on a particular subspecialty eg hip HO, sometimes it is worth looking up recent-ish research papers, and...
  9. G

    need help with ideas for travel footwear for potential swollen foot post surgery

    Hi everyone I have my hip surgery (not a replacement, FAI alterations, labrum repair, lesser trocanter shaving etc) this Tuesday, and i've realised that my foot could be quite swollen when I have to travel home via aeroplane on Thursday. As well as other general travelling round prior to...
  10. G

    THR Mandasmom12 ‘s Recovery

    FYI Worth keeping an eye on the itching. If not skin or medication related - can be related to the liver being unhappy. Definitely follow up if it does not resolve or if you start going yellow...
  11. G

    2024 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hi Team Can we adjust my surgery date please - Im actually the 25th June. Thanks:)
  12. G

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Hi everyone Just a note from earlier in the thread - not sure if relevant now. Post surgery/anesthetic/stress (and many other things) and hair loss can be from Telogen Effluvium. The name sounds interesting but the reality can be really hard to deal with. I've experienced it myself post...
  13. G

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    I'd focus on the protrusion to be honest. Impingements - FAI ones, seem very common (though seemingly not as common as standard hip replacements) and I would like to think that anyone that could deal with the protrusion could handle the impingement as well. (NB IFI Ischiofemoral impingements...
  14. G

    On the downhill - Surgery end of June

    I'm posting tonight, as I've had a bad day with pain. I've done all the things. They helped a little, but I'm so over it. I know we shouldn't wish our life away. But If I could fast forward a month, I think I would. My thoughts are with anyone else in pain tonight.
  15. G

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    I forgot to say that one thing that helped me, was to look for research papers published about your condition/specifics by specialists in your country, and try and get referred to them/contact them. it's kind of like a cheat sheet, eg if the paper recommends early surgery in your condition as an...
Back
Top Bottom