Recent content by grannyweasel

  1. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @Margueritte So glad to hear your operation was successful and you're on the road to recovery now. It does get easier and before you know it, you'll be walking well again :) Keep smiling!! Cheers ~Nona
  2. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @Margueritte Good idea about the flavoured carbonated drinks if you hate drinking water! I hadn't heard of Propel before but when I googled it, it looks like it's flavoured water - is that right? The only downside of drinking more water is having to go to the loo often and, having the brace...
  3. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @Margueritte - I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have getting IV lines put in and blood taken out. Not good :sad: I didn't have any problems with my PICC line. The doctor came in, got the line, threaded it into me via my left arm and hey presto, all done! Like with you, they just...
  4. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    @Lovestoread Thank you so much :) Looks like I'll be discharged at the weekend as all my blood cultures, etc, are good with no bugs popping up so the doc reckon we've licked them :spin:
  5. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    @gr82cu2 ; @Jamie ; @Pumpkln Thank you so much, guys!! :flwrysmile: It was lovely to hear from you all and I really appreciate your supportive comments! :SUNsmile:
  6. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @busylizzie OMG! TWENTY SEVEN WEEKS in that brace? :gaah: You have my condolences, seriously!!! :dubious: @Margueritte - please don't think the brace will be a horror to wear!! I only found it a nuisance at night when I needed to get to the loo in a hurry :loll:
  7. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    No, Margueritte, I didn't have that problem at all as I was told not to do much. I had the Richards splint when I walked and when I sat down, I could take it off - that was pretty much all I was allowed to do. It was really difficult at night when I had to go to the bathroom :bored: I'd have...
  8. grannyweasel

    Revision TKR Infection resolved! New knee 1/26/15. This one is going to be great!

    @Margueritte I can relate to your anxiety, Margueritte, having just spent almost 8 weeks with two spacers in my knee, so I had to clump around with a Richards splint and both crutches. My shoulders ached, my back felt really painful and the first time I went out to the Pathology office, it...
  9. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    Helloooo right backatcha @gr82cu2 :wave: Hi Janet, thanks so much for the concern :) The operation went well apparently and I am now the proud owner of a DePuy Synthes 3 compartment knee! :wink: They sent me down to ICU for the night as a precaution and that was good fun, as I saw a lot of...
  10. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    Thanks guys! I do appreciate your support :flwrysmile: ~Nona
  11. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    Well, after all the waiting I'm back into hospital tomorrow. I have to see the Pre-Admission nurse at 2pm and then go to my room and get hooked up to my IV. Am taking my computer with me so will let you guys know how my new knee feels once I'm out of ICU :happydance:
  12. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    LOL @Pumpkln !! I think the leg work would be a bit too much for me to handle :eyebrows: Well, I guess I was being a little too optimistic to think my OS could squeeze me in this week ... he's put me down as the 1st cab off the rank next Wed, so I'll have to go in on Tues afternoon as my...
  13. grannyweasel

    Knee Infection Wound infection

    @skigirl .... Zumba? Seriously? Good grief ... good on you! :thumb: This is all I think I'll be able to manage once my knee is replaced ... :giggle:
Back
Top Bottom