Recent content by GrannyC

  1. GrannyC

    Surgeon recommendations in Carlisle or Chambersburg, PA area??

    If anyone from south central PA happens to read this post, I’m still interested in surgeon recommendations for hips and knees. I have a feeling that down the road I will eventually need a surgeon for either knees or hips and since it takes a while to find a good surgeon, I’m still open to...
  2. GrannyC

    Surgeon recommendations in Carlisle or Chambersburg, PA area??

    @Mojo333 It's great to see you again! Thank you for the compliment but the truth of the matter is that we were both there for each other. For me the forum was a huge help and just knowing I could get on here each day to both pass the time and ask any questions I had, was great. A belated...
  3. GrannyC

    Surgeon recommendations in Carlisle or Chambersburg, PA area??

    I think I was too quick to jump to conclusions. My GP sent me for hip xrays and they show mild osteoarthritis in left hip (one that I was thinking needed replacement). I’m feeling a bit like a hypochondriac now. I had already been to GP a couple weeks ago complaining about my lower back and a...
  4. GrannyC

    Surgeon recommendations in Carlisle or Chambersburg, PA area??

    @Elf1 I did check the surgeon locator on here and found a couple surgeons. I need to check further on their background, etc. Unfortunately none of the ones I checked had any feedback from forum members. My GP sent me for an xray today so in the next day or two I'll know for sure whether this...
  5. GrannyC

    Surgeon recommendations in Carlisle or Chambersburg, PA area??

    An amazing surgeon replaced my right hip 5 years ago in Syracuse, NY. Now my left hip is really hurting a lot when I get up in the morning and occasionally during the day. Tylenol is helping but I know the pain will only get worse over time. Last summer we moved to southern PA so I can no...
  6. GrannyC

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    I’m so glad to hear you finally have an answer to your pain! That is fantastic. I sure hope they can fit you in sooner rather than later so you can finally get on with your life. Thanks for the update! Wishing you all the best!!
  7. GrannyC

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Happy Anniversary @Minnie15 , my UK hippie friend! It's hard to believe it has been four years since we went on that journey. But as you said, it's incredible how the body recovers and this year on our anniversary, I had totally forgotten about the surgery until I heard from you. It's just a...
  8. GrannyC

    THR April

    You made the right decision to have the surgery. I’m sure you won’t regret it. It will be so great to be rid of all that pain. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have as there is always someone here willing to respond and everyone is so very helpful. Wishing you well with...
  9. GrannyC

    THR Jewelz's Pre-Op thread

    Sounds like you’re all set for this and I’m sure you will make out just fine. It will be wonderful to be rid of that terrible pain! Wishing you well...
  10. GrannyC

    THR RTHR Recovery with young children - tips?

    No recommendations for an ice machine as I didn’t have one. I had 4or 5 of the gel pacs which we kept in the freezer. I used one constantly all day long the first days or maybe even up to 2 weeks. I took one to bed but did not replace it during the night. I liked the gel as it sort of...
  11. GrannyC

    THR RTHR Recovery with young children - tips?

    It looks like you’ve gotten a lot of good advice already. My thought would be to talk to the 3 1/2 yr old and explain what is going to happen and let them know you’d like their help. They can be your #1 nurse when you get home. They could easily get you items you need and they can play with...
  12. GrannyC

    THR Anterior Outpatient THR

    Hi @Raftin21 , It sounds like you’ve already received lots of good advice and tips. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. It will be SO VERY good to get rid of the pain. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted on the recovery side so we can continue to add our two cents and offer support.
  13. GrannyC

    THR LTHR next Tuesday

    Wishing you well on Tuesday. It’s good you’ve used this forum in the past so you know how helpful it is. Between the cold winter weather and Covid, you’re pretty much stuck in anyhow so a perfect time for a hip replacement. Keep us posted on your progress!
  14. GrannyC

    THR Finally made an appt but now thinking twice

    I totally agree with everyone else. Once I booked my surgery, I too had days when I wondered if I did the right thing as my hip would feel pretty good. But thankfully I kept my appointment and had the surgery. It is wonderful to once again be able to walk pain free. I’ve read of many others...
  15. GrannyC

    THR Tomorrow's the Big Day! THR

    Hi Bjkasz, I want to wish you all the best with your surgery. I do agree with Jaycee that you should make all your concerns known. The surgeon and anesthesiologists are not mind readers and they will be relying on your input. Your comparison of the surgery with a home remodel is great! You...
Back
Top Bottom