Recent content by Granny Di

  1. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Hello Constanze! Did you run the October marathon? I am amazed and impressed that you would even attempt such a feat. Covid-It seems like everyone we know has had covid , including my husband and I, but nobody was very sick because they are all vaccinated. We were late getting snow this...
  2. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    I'm feeling very positive! The pain in my groin has gone away and I have been walking 2 kms daily. Yesterday I Increased my kms to 5 and although I was tired after walking in soft snow I had no pain and I have not taken any pain meds for a few days. So things are looking up. It is almost 6...
  3. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Good afternoon from the deep freeze of Northern Ontario. The osteopath thinks that it could be the psoas muscle that is causing the pain so I have a treatment of easy exercises and movements to strengthen that muscle. I hope he is right! I sure don't want to have a revision. Has anyone ever...
  4. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Nobody recommended the lift and I have removed it. I have not heard from my surgeon and there is a lot of covid in the area so the hospitals are overwhelmed with patients. I had an xray on January 12 and it has not been posted on the pocket health site yet. I was unable to lift my leg on the...
  5. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Extremely cold minus 41 C today so I have no desire to get out walking in the deep snow. I had an x-ray on the 12th so must wait for the report and then an online meeting with my surgeon who lives three hours away. I have decided to do the strengthening exercises every other day as I had too...
  6. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Merry Christmas! Beautiful light show you have shared! I am still having pain and I want to be walking! I am anxious to get out and about -overanxious - so today I walked about 2 kms in 40 minutes. Hurt a lot! So obviously I am not ready for walking just yet. I had decreased the pain meds to...
  7. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Anterior approach seems so much easier than the other ways.
  8. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    OOPS! Pressed and bingo! You will love watching the kids grow and develop. I have been able to bike and ski with my Grandkids -even this summer we did a few 15 kms together. Covid has been so hard on the kids. I sure wish it would end. So I am having a bad day today - too much pain when...
  9. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    "I have 2 grandkids." Congratulations Constanze! Grandkids are so much fun- more so when they are young. My 5 are teens now and not as happy to hang out with the old folks. I cant remember how to reply to posts so hope you see this.
  10. Granny Di

    THR I'm back after 6 years. Good to see so many kind helpful friends here.

    Nov 14 and I am home! Had surgery 300 kms away on Monday 8th, left hospital the same day, stayed in hotel and drove home Wednesday! Well my husband drove us home -I was not alone. I am thoroughly impressed with the orthopaedic team! High tech! Such brilliant hard working people! I am walking...
  11. Granny Di

    THR Nerve Damage with Anterior Approach

    Hello! I am having the anterior approach on Monday, Nov.8 and will be able to compare the two approaches as I had the posterior approach in 2015. Hopefully all will go well and recovery will be better and faster. There are no guarantees in this business. Best of luck to all!
  12. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Hi Constanze, I would not like to work from home as I would miss the people for sure. I have a group of women to walk and ski with, and with the pandemic and a very sore hip I was unable to meet them in person although we had some contact online and on phone. I really miss the gab fest and the...
  13. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Hello Constanze! I never expected to hear from you as I thought you would be healthy and busy enjoying life. So glad to hear that you are back to running and cycling. It was a three month wait for an MRI mainly because of covid and covid has set back all hospital elective surgeries. Such a...
  14. Granny Di

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Hello! I haven't been here for years! Just working on getting another hip op. First one was in 2015 and I was fine until this summer and it is getting worse. I can only walk for about 15 minutes and then I have to sit down. The good news is that I had several good years. Cross country skiing...
  15. Granny Di

    THR Still in Pain

    That is such good news! Good advice for people who have pain too. Thanks for sharing!
Back
Top Bottom