I am now 3 months into my second knee replacement. At this time all is good, sleeping well now, have great bend in the knee. The knee does get a bit tight when I am on it alot, when i do I ice for relief.
Knee is very stable, was able to snowshoe with my family without problems.
I accomplished...
Had my 2 month checkup with my ortho doctors PA yesterday. She was very happy with my progress and told me I was free to do anything I wanted. Did caution me about falling on ice! My next appointment is in November, will check both knees at that time (1 year for right, almost 4 years for left)...
6 week update,
I am 6 weeks out from surgery today. I continue to make great progress, doing upstairs normally, still using hand rail for down stairs. I am off meds except at bedtime, I do ice and elevate several times a day. Need oxy some nights if I have been very active during day.
Hopefully...
Merry Christmas to you !
I am doing very good. The swelling is pretty much gone, getting great bend in the new knee. Doing up stairs normally, working on down holding the rails.
I just stopped the tramadol yesterday, still taking tylenol and aspirin. Have oxy for difficult nights.
Thanks,
John
Thanks to all for your ideas.
I have had to slow things down a bit, I went to my first PT they did the typical measuring (while pushing the leg further) and gave me a list of home exercises to do. I did this for a few days only to have my knee and leg swell.
I have now canceled the next few PT...
I continue to do well. still lots of swelling/stiffness. one thing that seems different with this knee is that icing makes the pain increase, I dont remember that from knee 1. Maybe to cold ?
I got it done this time; Had to arrive at the outpatient clinic at 6:30 am
Was done and back home at 12:30 (including 1 hr drive and a stop at McDonalds and a ice cream store)!
Right now have ice machine running and leg elevated. Pain level is low; not sure about tomorrow when blocks where off...
I got it done this time; Had to arrive at the outpatient clinic at 6:30 am
Was done and back home at 12:30 (including 1 hr drive and a stop at McDonalds and a ice cream store)!
Right now have ice machine running and leg elevated. Pain level is low; not sure about tomorrow when blocks where off...
Well the operation didnt happen. The hospital canceled all the ortho operations for the lack of anesthesia. Now rescheduled for November 23 as day surgery. Will be a different Thanksgiving day!
I have not been on here in quite a while. I am one year out on a left knee replacement. I just want everone to know it was a great improvement, at one year I can do anything I want and at most times I forget that I had a replacement.
I am most certainly looking at doing the other knee and will...
Hello Pam,
Sorry to hear about your accident. It does sound like all will soon be back to normal.
I don't know about you, but March 16 seems like a long time ago!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.