Recent content by golfgal56

  1. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    ONE YEAR UPDATE: Today is my one-year new-knee anniversary! :happydance: Since my last post back in February, I have been fortunate to experience nothing but good things relating to my new knee. No problems at all walking, up/down stairs & chairs, basically any ADLs, and all of it PAIN FREE! My...
  2. golfgal56

    TKR One day at a time

    Hi Capediem! I responded to your comments in my recovery thread. Good Luck in your recovery, be good to your knee and yourself!
  3. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    Hello @Carpediem! Yep, another golf fanatic here; I love your avatar with the golf balls. You are so early in your recovery but, as you say, you've had experience and know pretty much what to expect. Take it slow and steady, ice-ice-ice, rest-rest-rest, and listen to your knee as far as exercise...
  4. golfgal56

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    @funkymuse ~ Big soft squishy hugs to you! :hugzz: I've been following your progress, so very sorry you had to go through the MUA, I know it was a difficult decision for you to make. Trust in the BS process, rest/ice as much as possible, stay positive! Sending healing vibes to you!
  5. golfgal56

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    SherriT: Drug prices will depend on your insurance. I see that you're in the same boat as me, not quite at the Medicare stage, so check your insurance coverage, you must have an individual out-of-pocket yearly maximum. My insurance does, and with all the pre-op workups, doctor and hospital...
  6. golfgal56

    MUA A Year and Still Tightness

    Another one here who had the tight band around the top of the knee. My PT suggested myofascial release therapy, where gentle, sustained pressure is applied to the area to loosen and lengthen the constricting fascia. She would gently press a spot with two fingers, hold for a minute, then move in...
  7. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    @liam2015 Your prediction for my golf season is quite accurate! Still snow on the ground here in New England, and really cold too, but there is an indoor PGA golf simulator nearby that will be booking a tee time for me in a few weeks! :happydance:
  8. golfgal56

    Revision TKR ArtGirl needs help with recovery woes

    {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you @ArtGirl! You are not alone! There are many people here on Bonesmart who have gone through similar recovery as yours, and many who are quite knowledgeable about the recovery process. You are in a good place here, welcome! I am so sorry you are experiencing such...
  9. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    Today's OS appointment, the third in 10 weeks, was a very positive experience. My OS was "impressed" with my progress, even admitting to me that he didn't think I would ever progress without an MUA. He said I'm "nearly there" with ROM (95/2), and encouraged me to continue "doing whatever it is...
  10. golfgal56

    TKR ZinAZ's Recovery Thread^

    @Jockette ~ I know, right? Barely had a chance to recover and he was all like "you should be farther along by now." :umm: I've been reading quite a lot of the Bonesmart posts and have come to the conclusion that the US docs push their patients to a set of standardized goals, whereas the UK...
  11. golfgal56

    TKR ZinAZ's Recovery Thread^

    Remember that you are the one who has control over your recovery. You can say NO to therapists who try to push you too hard, and an OS who wants to do procedures that you may not need. At 95 flexion only six weeks out from surgery you shouldn't need an MUA, in my opinion; all you need is time...
  12. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    @Roy Gardiner ~ Yes!! So good to stand up straight! Just found your exercise thread, good ideas there. The skateboard idea is great! May need to borrow one and give it a try. To relax and release my quads and hamstring/back of leg muscles, I recently purchased a muscle roller (see image) that...
  13. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    Thank you all for your insights and encouragement. Although I've had the normal ups and downs during my recovery, including many "why did I do this??" :bawl:and "why aren't I improving??" :gaah: moments, overall it's been tolerable, much of it due to learning so much here at Bonesmart! @Roy...
  14. golfgal56

    MUA Oct 2017 TKR - Hematoma - MUA - Finally past 90!<

    So very sorry you are struggling like this, @funkymuse. Lots of good suggestions have already been posted so I'm just sending you hugs and encouragement! :console2:
  15. golfgal56

    TKR golfgal's recovery

    I have an appointment Thursday 1/11 with my OS, at which point I will be 10 weeks post-op. I know he'll want to see improvement in ROM since my last visit on 12/7/17. If my ROM has improved in the past five weeks it's probably by only a few degrees; I think I'm over 95 flex (my PT doesn't use a...
Back
Top Bottom