Recent content by Golfer1

  1. G

    TKR 3 weeks Post TKR

    Hi @Abro in NJ - While shopping for a wedge to elevate my leg prior to surgery, I discovered there are SO many options available, but most have a major bend at the knee. I know how important it is to keep the leg straight after surgery while resting, so I was able to quickly rule out most of the...
  2. G

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    @Teachfirst Glad you had good results with SportsMed. The same surgeon at Andrews did both my knees and my successful shoulder surgery. They are top notch
  3. G

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    @Teachfirst - I live in Huntsville, but I actually had my surgery (both knees) done in Birmingham.
  4. G

    TKR Pain in bed

    @Teachfirst- Hi! I am one day behind you with my left TKA. I also am still getting up several times in the night and walking around. Last week I was able to start sleeping on my left side for a couple of hours. It was heaven! But I sure can’t just flop over on my left side… Rearranging...
  5. G

    TKR Straightening leg after TKR

    Greetings @Maddie143 - Welcome to “the other side“! Glad you found this forum. It has been very helpful for me to know that much of what I experience is perfectly normal. You will find wonderful, caring and compassionate people here with a wealth of knowledge. All of them have walked the road...
  6. G

    TKR Falling after TKR

    Good morning @Scaredycat10. My left TKA was a month ago. Since then, I too have had a difficult time staying warm. When I’m in my recliner I’m Always wrapped up in a fleecy throw. At night I sleep (I use that word loosely) in a sweatsuit under two blankets. My feet also get cold quite a bit...
  7. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) after Failed Rotator Cuff Surgery

    @Jaycey -Thank you… It WAS a life-changing op for me. I went from not being able to raise my hand much above my waist to full overhead range of motion. I got my arm back. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year!
  8. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) after Failed Rotator Cuff Surgery

    @SaraK -My pleasure. If at least one person finds the info helpful then it was well worth it. Feb 8, 2019 - failed rotator cuff surgery June 7, 2019 - Superior Capsular Reconstruction FYI... I am currently a member on the TKA side. Surgery on November 23. Bonesmart is awesome. Merry...
  9. G

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    @LINYKnee - I see that your surgery was six days before mine. There are good days and bad days… As time goes on the good days are starting to outnumber the bad. Would you agree? Onward and upward we go! One day this recovery will be a distant memory...not soon enough!
  10. G

    Rotator Cuff Repair Superior Capsular Reconstruction (SCR) after Failed Rotator Cuff Surgery

    Greetings to all! Not sure if I’m posting this in the right place or not, but I thought my experience might be of help to a certain group of shoulder patients. A cycling accident a couple of years ago resulted in massive (complete) tears of both supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendons of the...
  11. G

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    I totally agree with @FCBayern. I bought an Ossur Cold Therapy machine from Amazon, with the specialized knee wrap. Best money I’ve ever spent. It has been my best friend over the last 2+ years through two shoulder surgeries, right TKA and now left TKA (Nov 23rd). I also use the frozen water...
  12. G

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    @Sara61 - good morning! I believe I’m up-to-date. I am already listed in November Nimbles with a left TKA date of November 23.
  13. G

    TKR Knee Feels Unstable

    Greetings Everyone! I am just over three weeks out from my second TKR. (I had the other knee done almost 2 years ago.) With the first one I was able to stop using the walker after nine days in the house. I never used a cane. I remember that initially there was a feeling of some instability in...
  14. G

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    Greetings LINYKnee! sorry about that… Trying to get back into how the posting works. I had my first TKR Feb 2020. I’m just a few days behind you for this one… Had it done on the 23rd. I see that you have already taken advantage of the great information and advice that Bonesmart members and...
  15. G

    TKR Advice for Round 2

    All great info in this thread! My second TKA is scheduled for next Tuesday. Making our big Thanksgiving meal this Sunday, and looking forward to eating the leftovers through Thanksgiving and beyond... This time around I will know that the "tight band feeling" is entirely normal!
Back
Top Bottom