Recent content by gman0358

  1. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Wow!!!! It is February aready? Guess maybe I should see about changing the name of this thread to "Not a NewKnee Newbie Anymore" It has been 6 months since my RTKR. I have been back to work for about 2 1/2 months now, and can honestly say I have pretty much forgotten about what it was like...
  2. gman0358

    TKR New onset of kneecap pain 10 weeks out

    My OS told me after about 12 weeks, when I asked him about kneeling...... That the backside of the patella, after being redressed, is considerably softer than the new implants. Kneeling or exerting a lot of pressure to the knee cap itself MIGHT cause some discomfort, but all in all, the new...
  3. gman0358

    TKR Debbie1954

    Debbie & Dave..... Welcome to my world of the road!! I average about 400 to 500 miles a day (law says I can ONLY drive 11 out of a 14 hours work dayand then must stop for 10)... and get about the same fuel mileage! with 200 gallon fuel tanks, I too have to fill up every couple of days. I have a...
  4. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Kelly --- I know EXACTLY what you mean. Give me the open road to let me run. The local drivers can have the cities.
  5. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Well, I'll be heading out of here tomorrow morning, continuing up 39 til it turns into 94 to take me across to St Paul. Then I have to come back to a place called Chetek to pick something up to take back to Kingston, ON
  6. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    No, actually at a Pilot in Beloit, WI. Hey Diva what happened to all your snow. Came through Chicago a few hours ago, and you had a whole lot more a couple of weeks ago....
  7. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Alllll righty then...... Been back to work for about a month now, figured I better check in as instructed above!!! First week was a couple of trips. Cinncinnati, and Buffalo... no big deal, but a good first week. Second week was a quick trip to Chicago and back. Now our yard is based 2...
  8. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    When I initially went in for my RTKR, I was told I was looking at a 6 - 8 week recovery. Well here it is 3 months to the day, 13 weeks, 1 day, and I finally think I am ready to go back to work. I left the Physio Pool this afternoon with a measured ROM of 0 (full extension) to 118. I can touch...
  9. gman0358

    That numb area after TKR

    Personally......... I am kinda greatful for that numb area. Had the grandkids over on the weekend, playing ball hockey in the basement. The 6 yearold cranked a slapshot, bounced it off my kneecap ---- never felt a thing!!!:thumb:
  10. gman0358

    Everyone Into the Pool!

    snorkel??? :rotfl:
  11. gman0358

    Everyone Into the Pool!

    The Physio Facility that I go to has a 15x30 hot tub. Maintained at 92*F with strategically placed grab bars and rails and benches in the shallow end. Well, its only 3' deep in the shallow end, 3 1/2' at the deep end. I started using the pool at 6 weeks post op. I start off with 10 minutes...
  12. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    skigirl Well Kelly, thanks for the feedback. Back before my TKR, I used to wear a DonJoy Stabilizer brace, which was basically a neoprene sleeve with a couple of removeable steel hinges on each side. Guess I could just remove the hinges, and use that to keep my knee warm. I'm sure I'll get...
  13. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    skigirl ... Kelly, I figured you might be the one to ask... I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours outside putting up Xmas lights. No snow here yet, but I wanted to put them up before it got too cold. The outside temperature is about 26*. My knee feels ...thick... for the lack of better...
  14. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    I was also raised Catholic. However these days I prefer to say that RC stands for Recovering Catholic. Being schooled by the "Good Hoods", I too remember kneeling as a form or discipline. I also remember dodging yard sticks, pointers, and those Rosaries that they kept around their waists and...
  15. gman0358

    TKR Another NewKnee Newbie

    Well......... Just got back from the OS. Asked him about the kneeling issue. His concern, was that if we spend too much time on our new knees, that since the metal prosthetics are substancially harder than the newly dressed back side of the patella, we run the risk of damaging the patella. He...
Back
Top Bottom