Recent content by gizmotto31

  1. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Thanks...when i do look at the progress in total im impressed. Still hard when I know I was doing more before surgery, but i will work on this. I have heard from others who have returned tennis and golf at 6-8 weeks so I had these silly expectations and all it accomplished was letting me down...
  2. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    First, Can someone please kindly change my thread title to LTKR March 17th 2016? I am now about 8 weeks out. In so many respects, I am doing great. I am only doing PT once a week now and got released to do my own leg workouts with weights (not free weights). I swim, ride the bike, and have...
  3. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    1. Most of the time a 1 or 2. Sometimes a 3. 2. Off heavy stuff besides an occasional Norco 7.5/325 sometimes before or after more active times. Other than that, I am taking Aleve and Tylenol. 3. I ice my knee as much as possible. Almost every time I am sitting. Even at work. At least for 5-8...
  4. gizmotto31

    TKR On the other side!!!<

    How are you doing?
  5. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Thanks also for the suggestion of the shoes. Do you think @newlybionic that it's worth it to wait as my gait is (hopefully ) going to still improve?
  6. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Oh man...I wish I would have waited now to get in the pool. It was the doctors suggestion to get in there and the hot tub. This is after he had seen this spot while taking out some small stitches popping through the skin. I kept putting it off this week because of this worry even with his...
  7. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    So I'm just a little over 5 weeks out now. I'd say I'm doing well for this stage of the game. I'm getting around without a crutch now. I made a full revolution on the bike at therapy and ended up biking 1.5 miles and broke a sweat. I also walked some steps one foot after the other. I call it my...
  8. gizmotto31

    Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

    Id have to go agree (unfortunately) that all of that is pretty normal at your stage of the game. I did not have too much numnbness or tingling but the pain that first week was nearly unbearable. Definitely had a lot of stabbing pain and electric type pains. The latter ive come to learn is nerve...
  9. gizmotto31

    TKR Now having sciatic problems>

    I just want to say I love your title and your sense of humor on this. Laughing at myself is what is helping me get through my recovery. Especially when I start to take myself and the slow healing too seriously. Ive never had a kidney stone but heard how painful they are. I think of alternate...
  10. gizmotto31

    TKR GSC's Recovery Thread<

    I am about a month out and feel pain in the same spots I did pre-surgery too. My doctor said it is because that is where they had to do the most work and cleaning out of scar tissue. Guess that makes sense, but it is frustraing. I suppose patince is key.
  11. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Almost 4 weeks out and finally feeling like I am making progress. My flexion was 94 degrees today. Gained 11 degrees in 8 days. Need 11-15 more in 2 weeks to avoid any talk about MUA. I feel like it will come as the knee as much less stiff and swollen. While I had a rocky start with my PT, I...
  12. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    So I saw the surgeon today and he did not say one thing about MUA yet. I explained to him what I was told and he said he wouldn't consider it until 6 weeks but that it wouldn't surprise him if I needed it based on how bad the knee was and how much scar tissue he had to take out. Staples came out...
  13. gizmotto31

    TKR Gimpy Gal's LAST new knee!

    Hahaha...not your imagination. I heard a hammer too during my surgery. Sounded like someone was building a shed! I am glad that I was drugged enough to not care. I also kept waking and saying "I'm waking up" to which I would drift back into twilight right after but the surgeons said I was quite...
  14. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    Supposedly the surgeon's assistant told her this when she called them with my progress report today. I see the surgeon tomorrow so I guess I will find out then but yes I would think it is too soon for a number reasons. Just trying to get my head right and educate myself as much as possible...
  15. gizmotto31

    TKR LTKR March 17th 2016<

    19 days out and there are so many things I am doing way ahead of the curve. I have been going on regular outings and even drove yesterday for the first time and am prepping to start back at work part time on Thursday. The strength is coming back quite nice. My extension is 0. All good stuff. I...
Back
Top Bottom