Recent content by Gio Dude

  1. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Looks like I stretched a ligament on the outer knee, so lots of pain. Happened during PT lifting a small ankle weight. It was too soon and now Im paying the price. Had to go back to surgeon and get looked at just in case. If it hurts doing it, dont do it... :banghead:I read that a few times too...
  2. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Well the sleeping pill didn't work, I took the ambien and hoped for the best but I woke up about 2 hours later in aggravating pain :flabber:... I read you shouldn't take them both, so I will shelf the sleeping pills till im off the pain medicine...It was a good plan to limit the dreaded Oxy's...
  3. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Im still requiring the pain pills during the night so I asked the doc for some ambien, I just want to sleep for a few hours without twisting and turning in uncomfortable pain...I tried going out for a ride with my daughter without taking a pain pill, it was torture on the way back home. , first...
  4. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Im wondering coming up on my 30 day mark from TKR...are you folks taking the pain pills regularly as doc specified? I have tried to taper off and only take them when uncomfortable pain is happening, not trying to manage so much that I dont feel the pain. I want to drive so thats a factor.
  5. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    So far I am doing my own PT, Ive done the 3 week exercises Ive found on youtube...are there some exercises for getting the most out of my home PT? Workmans comp has me waiting still. I am doing the slide from a sitting position, knee bends, holding my leg straight between chairs...Ive also...
  6. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Funny how Doc Frankenstein just cant sew a straight line! :loll:
  7. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Ok thanks for the merge Ref, I am such a newbie :whistle: Its my 2 week anniversary and I do feel great although the strips that hold the entry point closed are still sticking. Wife says not to touch them...but I want to gently remove...hmmmm :chinstroke:
  8. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    So it finally came to me, walking down stairs the correct way is very important get well procedure! I had the most intense pain of the whole experience so far, so intense I felt like Simba of the Lion King movie shouting to the farthest reaches of the jungle :bawl:. I went down a short flight of...
  9. Gio Dude

    TKR I made it to the other side!

    After surgery I could pee with no issues, but the bowel movements were stubborn:nah:I was told I could be released but that an enama was required to make sure all was functioning...:holysheep:so I received my second TKR and my first enama...:flabber:...onward to rehab world!
  10. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Thanks for the info on the inhome PT :roseshwr:...tomorrow I will incorporate a few more exercises from a youtube search...very exciting :upright:, I had in home PT with my first TKR so this one will be my baby :fingersx:
  11. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    Thank you Celle what a wealth of info! :wow: Campervan I needed to know that! Thanks :thumb:
  12. Gio Dude

    TKR Well...

    I had my TKR on 15th June and today I was told my workers comp denied an at home PT. So I guess I will do some PT at home for awhile while it gets sorted out! I had the spinal block and was able to feel some work being done, although not uncomfortable I was surprised by the intense pounding on...
  13. Gio Dude

    A week out and I have nasal drip...

    :thankyou::shocked::flwrysmile:
  14. Gio Dude

    A week out and I have nasal drip...

    My nasal drip is gone, Ive cleaned my knee area with the prescribed 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate cloth and getting ready to hit the sack! Wake up and clean knee again, get to the hospital by 11:00 for my 1:00 afternoon surgery...see yall on the other side :scary:
Back
Top Bottom