Questions at 6 months.
Hello all
I had my 1st knee Oct 2019 and my 2nd Oct 2020, with a complicated hilated hernia surgery thrown in between.
Both knees I had 125 ROM and straight leg in a couple visits to PT , my surgeon calls me his Golden patient on both my knees.
However I have no...
I decided to just walk around the house and a tad outside but switched over to my recumbent bike for 10 -15 minutes. And during my video PT visit I got some gentle exercises and ideas to help when I do walk that have helped
But I realized this knee is different from my 1st andy thinking is the...
I had 130 ROM at PT 2nd visit, both knees a year apart. I honestly don't do much except walk, ride recumbent bike a little. The best PT I've had , thanks to COVID is video. I can ask questions and get good ideas to help my knee . I'm not sure going in does that much.
Regarding NSAIDS , be very careful. I worked as a Donor Recovery Specialist and during procedures would often stand 5-6 hours during the recovery. I would take too many of those to ease my pain and eventually ended up anemic, due to NSAIDS tearing up my stomach.
Careful
Hi everyone,
I had a right TKR last Oct 2019 , no real issues and had my left TKR this Oct.
Guess I forgot the pain with the first one but holy cow this one is horrid. My first day was fine, not an care in the world but the next day a completely different story. I got that under control but...
I can't believe it, I named my knee Maleficent because I had set myself a goal of seeing the movie 2 weeks after my surgery. Love Angelina Jolie and knew it would help motivate it. It's worked!
I loved you named it after your dear pup.... that's great
Thank you everyone who posts, it's been so reassuring to feel part of a group of folks who know what it is like to go through this.
I worked as a surgery coordinator 20 plus years and ortho was the main area but honestly we cared about our patients but I don't think we really thought about...
Hello all,
What a wonderful place where so many folks help each other. Thankful I found it.
At 3 weeks post RTKR I have gotten 130 ROM , finally gotten rid of horrid pain and decreased nightmares from meds. I go for walks about 1/4 -1/2 mile every other day. Do PT 2X week.
However my mood...
The recliner was my lifesaver the 1st week. It was the only place I could sleep, forget about the pain.
Those first few days consisted of the worst pain I ever experienced, I literally woke up screaming in the middle of the night 2 or 3 times. Much better now. Yippee
I think it has something to do with genetics because from day one I could move.
I worried before surgery as I have a friend who can't get past 80
I hope you're finding more sucess.
Great to hear from folks.
Things are better, at 3 weeks I can sleep almost all night.
The great things so far:
I walk every day, my other half takes me to one of the beautiful parks nearby. Being outdoors lifts my spirit. If it rains we go to the mall. On average I've been walking from 1/4 to...
Greetings
I had my TKR a week and half ago and feel like a freaking ping pong ball in terms of pain,depression lack of sleep.
I'm doing great in PT but it's the emotional and mental aspect of this that is proving to be very difficult
I have to say the worst part of this is night time and...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.