• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

TKR I feel like a ping pong ball!

OP
OP
G

Germaine2

Country
United States United States
Thank you everyone who posts, it's been so reassuring to feel part of a group of folks who know what it is like to go through this.
I worked as a surgery coordinator 20 plus years and ortho was the main area but honestly we cared about our patients but I don't think we really thought about what people actually went through.

Its an elective surgery ( yeah don't believe that) so maybe no one thinks how much we really have to go through on the road to recovery.

There's nothing easy about this recovery but between the great administrators, moderators and everyone here it makes this a journey easier.

jenn33

Country
Congrats to everyone, you did it, now only can be better! I see a lot of people are home alone after surgery. I have to do knee surgery, but I´m delaying it because I live alone ..

sistersinhim

Country
I am horrid with doing PT at home and my knee feels like a chunk of cement
With a ROM like that, I wouldn't worry about doing a lot of PT. Just use your knee as you would normally do as much as it allows with extra swelling or pain. As you heal, your strength will normally come back.

alexthecat

omega
Country
Congrats to everyone, you did it, now only can be better! I see a lot of people are home alone after surgery. I have to do knee surgery, but I´m delaying it because I live alone ..
@jenn33 welcome to Bonesmart! Please start a thread of your own in the pre-op area of the forum and tell us more about yourself. We're here to support you on your journey! This thread belongs to Germaine2 and we wouldn't want to derail it, would we?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dekota
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom