Recent content by Gel-girl

  1. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    @Helizabug Interesting thought you maybe right. - I just know I can’t find anything to give me relief from pain. Trying tramadol again and I’ve managed to get it on repeat. Also why does the pain manifest itself as soon as you lie down in bed?????
  2. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Thanks @Jockette - so do I
  3. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Still struggling with pain. Mainly during the night and when bending. Physio has now dismissed me saying they can’t do any more. I am 92 degree bend which is way better than my original 75 ish but not enough to get a full round on my bicycle. I can do it (after warm up rocking) on my indoor bike...
  4. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    @Helizabug interesting thought and yea could be right. I Always elevate and ice it’s a good form of pain relief. Anti-inflammatory drugs seem to do more harm than good for me - strange considering my body can take most painkillers as long as I have my senokot as backup :heehee:
  5. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    @Jaycey only stretching generally just to keep ahead of adhesions. Just so’s you know I am now 8 weeks out from MUA and keyhole plus over two years out from tkr so in a much better place than most MUAs and not actually had lysis of adhesions open or keyhole.
  6. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Still in pain especially at night and when exercising. Sleep is interrupted but generally get 1 good night out of two so that’s better than before. GP now prescribed Gabapentin as it seems to be more sore pain and shooting pain although I’m still getting that same pain from my meniscus area...
  7. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    @Jamie The meniscus was mentioned in my follow up letter to the GP. It was also mentioned in the letter to the GP about the procedure before it happened. I have spoken to the registrar the surgeon and the clinical practitioner during various clinics I have attended. The all say that the meniscus...
  8. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Saw the surgeon's registrar on 27 December 2020. Good meeting - he was very positive and managed to get my knee to 100 he reckoned - I reckoned about 92-94!! I had 4 questions/comments for him. 1. Copy of report about the operation - he said no problem. I have this morning got in touch with...
  9. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    I know I’m in a different situation than typical tkr or MUA being over two years out and only just had an MUA but I’m fed up of the aching and the pain and GPs trying to get the swelling down with anti-inflammatories and not addressing the management of pain. I have another appointment...
  10. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Also I’m using the Cryo cuff about 3 times a day for about an hour. I love it as the knee is kept cool for the whole time. I wish I’d bought it for the tkr. Anyway the PT said this was too long and too often! What are your thoughts? It doesn’t affect my skin and I put a therma flex gel covered...
  11. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    Thank you both - all good advice and I will take it into consideration as the Bonesmart way I know and love. I will carry on doing the exercises as I am 2 years out from a TKR with a good strong knee that allowed me to exercise leading up to the keyhole and MUA. What I won’t do is tell them...
  12. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    A week out. I was working on moving knee using skateboard and rocking on static bike. Bruising has come out all the way up and down at back of knee. Wound checked and dressings changed today. One wound is still bleeding slightly but I think that was as dressing removed so was scab! PT has me...
  13. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    It’s stopped now so must have been on a timer. Good advice @sistersinhim thank you.
  14. Gel-girl

    Revision TKR Jo's revision arthroplasty

    My Goodness they are long! Saw the guidelines you got - fair made me chuckle chuck. Safe recovery Jo, don’t do too much- no dancing now!:egypdance:
  15. Gel-girl

    MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

    In first thing this am -7 November 2019. Keyhole for adhesions MUA and possible “soft tissue’ removal at the back of the knee-meniscus which according to surgeon’s partner cannot grow back. Went under about 9:15. Came round about 11 in pain at about 7. Half an hour later she gave me morphine by...
Back
Top Bottom