Recent content by Fullboost

  1. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Just an update. I had a hip injection on Thursday. They injected a steroid into the bursa. I felt some relief right away, but still some pain. By the weekend, I was much improved and have felt better than I have since the surgery. Seems like they might be onto something finally!
  2. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    I’ve done that already, as well as acupuncture. Neither helped. Iliosophas tendon? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    @Josephine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Yes in that area and no I have not been hiking or doing much walking at all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Sure, On the chart, it would be RF2 w,x,y,z as well as RF3 w,x,y,z. I also have some radiating pain just above me knee. As far as PT goes, its been almost a year ago so I don't recall the exercises and how many reps. I know there was some stretching, side leg raises and they did some deep...
  6. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Hey thank you Sharon. The odd thing is that I have no actual hip pain, its some sort of thigh/groin pain that I did not have prior to the surgery. I saw my doctor again a few days ago, he is sending me in to get an injection into my Iliosphoas tendon. He said there are rare cases of this...
  7. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    1. As you can see from my earlier posts, I had an anterior approach. 2. Main pain is about #6, but when I get out of bed its more like #8 3. I am not taking pain medication 4. Yes I have tried icing as well as heat, neither did anything to help 5. No, why would I need to elevate it? 6...
  8. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    You BETCHA! Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
  9. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Thank you for the replies. I will see if I can find another hip specialist
  10. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Yeah I'm a bit frustrated to say the least.. The odd thing is that my hip feels great. Its something in my thigh and groin area. I figured this same issue had surfaced in others.
  11. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Yep I have blood work that ruled out infection, I’ve had a bone scan, as well as MRI all were negative.
  12. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    I was hoping you wouldn't do that as the new issues tend to get overlooked with no responses like last time this was updated (Aug 2017).
  13. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Hey everyone, In Jan 2017, I had anterior THR on my right hip. I have had mid-thigh pain ever since my surgery. The pain can range from 3-4 during the day, but when I get out of bed its a 8-9 and I can barely walk for a few minutes. I have been back to my Dr. numerous times, he has ran every...
  14. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    I had a right THR in January. After a rocky recovery (needing a 2nd surgery) and I am doing much better. I have no hip pain, but my thigh is still very weak and I get intermittent pain. The pain seems like its more muscle than bone but its hard to tell at times. I've been back numerous times to...
  15. Fullboost

    THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

    Update: Wound vac removed a few days ago, while it did a great job they are a pain to pack around everywhere. I am now transitioning to a "wet to dry" wound dressing. Hopefully my wound closes up in the next week or two. The wound looks good and appears to be healing up well. Hopefully that is...
Back
Top Bottom