Recent content by Fudge

  1. F

    Wondering what to do

    A very interesting reply and unexpected! This will give me more to think about. The only problem is that the surgeon was adamant he didn't cause the issue, however .... I shall really have to think about this one. I am very grateful for all the input as it is opening up my mind to these views...
  2. F

    Wondering what to do

    Hi Going4 fun, Many thanks for your thoughtful reply. I do however wonder about the accuracy of the statistical evidence. For my particular problem research put the occurrence between less than one per cent to over two per cent. After my operation the only type of feed back requested by the...
  3. F

    Wondering what to do

    Many thanks for all your help, all suggestions have given me thought.I do not want to hurry my decision as the last medical intervention was so disastrous and it changed my life for the worse. I do want to make the right move, but equally I don't want to land up with two ineffective legs. So it...
  4. F

    Wondering what to do

    Hi I am in a quandary. Nearly 5 years ago I had a THR on my right leg, that resulted in a partially crushed sciatic nerve which resulted in permanent poor balance. That story I have told on a post I did at the time entitled Unable to balance on right leg. The left hip is now giving me a lot of...
  5. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi all, Now over three and a half years post op. The good news is I can now walk with a very slight limp on the flat. Rough ground or running is probably never going to be achievable to any great extent, unless very slowly. Going upstairs is not to bad, I am trying to go up 2 steps at a time to...
  6. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi Mojo and Jamie Many thanks for your replies/interest. The neuro doc didn't say where it was crushed precisely but it was affecting the peroneal nerve. I have lost the ankle jerk reflex as well. Nobody has said directly it was due to the OP,but to me it is obvious. However l just want to get...
  7. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    This is an update to all the trials and tribulations following the hip replacement op back in Aug 2017. After many MRIs of skull, spine and pelvis, nerve conduction studies, yet more physio l have now almost reached the end of my hip experience. I am having yet another round of physio but a...
  8. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi everyone, Am at work and it is quiet,amazing! So am catching up...... The leg saga continues......... Am seeing the consultant next month as the GP thinks I might have complex regional pain syndrome. I went to see her because my right calf muscle has atrophied and the whole lower leg is...
  9. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi everyone Will be in Turkey next Monday for 2 lovely weeks,got a villa with swimming pool so will be in that every day,also doing walking and sailing. Normally go IN June but wasn't sure if I was going to be walking,way back in January when we booked. Funny to think it all started in Turkey...
  10. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi everyone Am now 3 days off the 1st anniversary of the hip replacement. So what has moved on.......well I can now walk without aids. It's not very quick and I still have the vestiges of a limp. But the good things are I am back at work and I can get into my sports car. There is no pain from...
  11. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Hi @Krista and @Mojo333 et al, Seeing the consultant a week on Monday,so going up to London for a week as husband is on a course next week and I can't shower by myself yet. Can't wait to get the mri result,if he can't see anything I will see what his suggestions are and will make a decision...
  12. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Many thanks for all the crutch solutions,have covered them in cotton gloves at present to help stop my hands itching. So, I went and had the mri scan,as painful as the first one I had done,last year,but at least it was a shorter time. Then a consultant radiologist did the ultra sound thingy...
  13. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Think that might be a good idea,@Mamma T, will think about what material,have to attach it really firmly so it doesn't slip about.... purple.....mmmm..... could be an idea! Maybe have a variety so I can be colour co ordinates,which will be a first...
  14. F

    THR Unable to balance on operated leg.

    Can't wait, scans next Friday, only 8 days away ! A good piece of news is that I can finally sleep on my side for a few hours at night,which is brilliant. Still have the pressure relieving mattress on the bed and am going to stick with it as I think I will probably need more surgery on hip...
  15. F

    THR Sore bottom

    Hi My sacral area got very sore and I got an ehob pressure relieving mattress which is basically like a heavy duty lilo which does the trick. My backside is ok but I am still using it 20 weeks post op. I also put cream on the reddened area. I really didn't want any more pressure damage. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom