Recent content by Freedom

  1. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    I wasn't sure where to put this. I have 4 joint replacements, all are Stryker implants. Stryker (USA, the Michigan location) had a cyber attack which may mean they have lost their database. Both my knee and my hip surgeon had told me that Stryker keeps all the info as to who has which...
  2. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    @Sara61, hi there! Yes, I have my 4-pack. Both knees were done, and 1 hip, then a few years later the 2d hip. Hip recovery is MUCH easier than knee recovery. I was at the same hospital for all 4 surgeries. For the knees, they send you off with an ice "machine." Not so for the hips. They...
  3. Freedom

    TKR Both hips and now my knee

    I have my 4-pack! Both hips and both knees. However, I had the knees done first, then the hips. I found this forum prior to my first surgery and like you, I found it very helpful. All I can say is, keep on top of the pain post op, stick to the schedule for your pain meds. If even with them...
  4. Freedom

    THR Suedeboots's pre-op anxiety

    @Abbylayla yes of course you can use a walker on stairs! Probably not a full flight, but 2 or 3 to enter exit your home, PT makes sure you can do this. You can see how on youtube as well.
  5. Freedom

    THR Suedeboots's pre-op anxiety

    Dear @Suedeboot , Anxiety at this stage is normal. Most of us experience anxiety as we face surgery -- ANY surgery, let alone a joint replacement. At age 56, my life had also come to a standstill. When age 57, I had both knees replaced; 4 months apart. That first knee . . . that was the...
  6. Freedom

    THR 2nd hip on its way

    I think this is a good thing, that your surgery date was moved up sooner. I needed replacement surgery, and put it off over 8 years. Then in order, I had left knee, then right knee, and then left hip. The recoveries were challenging -- knees much harder than hip -- in part because I put the...
  7. Freedom

    THR Alliecap60's 2nd hip?

    I had my 2d hip done last July. Things I learned: 1. I can pick which time of year works best for me and my care providers 2. The longer I wait, the harder the recovery. (I've also had both knees replaced). I waited much too long for those first 3 replacement surgeries, and my recovery was...
  8. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    I finished the first round of PT. While not yet where I wanted to be, much improvement! I start another 4 weeks, twice a week, on Monday (today is Friday). I had a one week break in between sessions. The problems I have are all weight bearing: going up stairs, straightening up after bending...
  9. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    There was a cancellation! I had my first PT session yesterday. I will have 2 per week for 6 weeks. This first session, she went over everything again, as with the pre op meeting. Time and again, she said, "right leg is stronger," "right leg doing well, good range of motion," and so on...
  10. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    I saw the surgeon this past Wednesday, for my 12 week post op check. He said I should not be having pain making me tear up, at this point. And I should not be using Tylenol at this point. He said for me to sign up for PT, and return in 6 weeks. I had a pre op PT assessment with the PT...
  11. Freedom

    Now it's luvsibes' shoulders

    Oh Chris, you had me going! I received an email message of luvsibes' post. Clicked through to MY thread and . . . nothing. What? Back to my Inbox, click again and . . . nothing. What the heck?! I had to click on luvsibes' profile, then found what you did. Ha haaaa. Too much for a SUNDAY...
  12. Freedom

    Now it is the shoulder's turn

    I've had both knees and both hips done, total replacement each time. Thankful I found this forum before the first surgery, I have learned so much from the group. Now I have a shoulder issue. Back in March, I slipped and fell on some ice. My feet went forward, my butt went down, so I landed...
  13. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    Been to doctor; abscess now empty. This may be TMI, but as he was squeezing and squeezing, "wow, this is impressive! Want to see it? I can find a mirror!" Um no thanks, I'll take your word for it. Just fix it! Bactrin twice a day for 7 days.
  14. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    THANK YOU, for this, Layla.
  15. Freedom

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    Thanks. Just called primary's office. My doc is not in today, someone else will see me this afternoon. The orthopedic surgeons and the joint class at the hospital just drum it in to not get ANY infection as it can go to the metal joint, and I have 4 of them, so I'm a bit crazy here. Speaking...
Back
Top Bottom