Recent content by Foxybrown

  1. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Thank you for all your encouragement, Poppet and Jaycey!!! :) I'm off to the gym right now. I know that this hip is getting stronger every day, I guess I just didn't realize how slow a process it really is. Anyway, these are the cards I've been dealt, so gotta play them. :umm: And I just...
  2. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    First of all, let me say thank you to all of you who replied to my question that I posted about pain back on June 7!!! I did not get email alerts (weird) that my question had been responded to, so I'm just seeing them now today!! I just didn't check the site because I didn't get alerts so I...
  3. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    I had a LTHR on January 15th of this year, so I'm now almost 5 months post op. The surgery was very successful and that OA pain that I was having before going under the knife is gone. BUT I am still having some post operative pain. Can anyone tell me how long it will be before I can expect to...
  4. Foxybrown

    THR Better late than never

    Weezi, OMG. I thought my one bad nurse I had in the hospital was a story. NOTHING compared to what you went through!! Truly unbelievable. I'm SO sorry you had to endure such agony. And you're right--it was all needless. This hospital just sounds completely incompetent, if you ask me...
  5. Foxybrown

    THR Better late than never

    Hey Weezi, Sorry to hear your hospital stay was not as good as it should have been! :hairpulling: But I'm so glad you're back at home and doing so much better. I had great nurses in the hospital except for one, but, man, can even one bad person EVER affect your stay!!! At a time when you're...
  6. Foxybrown

    THR Sleeping questions

    Hi there, I had my surgery on January 15th and comfortable sleep is an issue for me, too. I'm actually sleeping quite well (but it took four or five nights of being on sleep medication to ensure that), but I find if I wake up during the night to go to the bathroom and when I wake in the...
  7. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Yes, crazy that the hospital didn't let me know that I was anemic!! And had I not called them on Monday, I still wouldn't know! :shocked: No blood transfusions for me, but apparently, my hemoglobin was 132 prior to surgery and 83 when I went home. Those numbers don't mean much to me, but the...
  8. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Hi Everyone! Well, I did call to doctor's office and it turns out that I left the hospital very anemic!! Why they didn't tell me this before I left the hospital, I don't know because that would have been good information to have!! :doh: But that explains the extreme tiredness and the...
  9. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Tashia and nerdgrrl, Yes, am really trying to make sure that I'm eating more regularly in order to keep the blood sugar levels right--I just find that I still don't have my appetite back 100% yet. Anyway, will definitely call the doctor tomorrow and see what advice his office gives. I tell...
  10. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Thanks, and I will be sure to speak with the doc on Monday! Peace out, Michelle
  11. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Okay, I had the surgery on the 15th and things have been going pretty well, but had a setback yesterday and was wondering if others had experienced the same thing? I was washing a few dishes in the kitchen sink when suddenly I felt extremely lightheaded and things started to go black...
  12. Foxybrown

    THR Recovery Roller Coaster

    CLG, Be sure to let us know your status as soon as you talk to the docs!! Thinking about you and sending warm vibes your way!! :SUNsmile: Peace out, Michelle
  13. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Things are going very well over here, thanks! And, I'm DEFINITELY getting enough rest!! Resting seems to be pretty much all I'm really doing! :heehee: Peace out, Michelle
  14. Foxybrown

    THR Doing Okay On The Other Side!!! :-)

    Thanks, Nerdgrrl! :) Yeah, the energy drain is wild! So lots of rest happening around here.:heehee: But recovery is going well. Hope yours is, too, Finn!!:) Peace out, Foxy (Michelle)
  15. Foxybrown

    THR Spring and summer here I come

    Congrats, Nanal!!!! We're both on the other side!! :yes!: I've been home since the 19th and it does get better every day. I'm very mobile with my crutches and can shower by myself, no problem (good thing, because I live alone!). But I DO tire extremely easily and today was probably the worst...
Back
Top Bottom