Recent content by forever39

  1. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Hope you are doing well, Josephine. Your input has been extremely valuable to me.
  2. F

    PKR Rising Pressure / Whole Knee Pain Since 12/30 Surgery

    Don't ya just love having this board in the middle of the night. :type: Hang in there.
  3. F

    PKR Rising Pressure / Whole Knee Pain Since 12/30 Surgery

    Hello. Fellow partial replacement person here. I have the pain with weight bearing at over 3 months post surgery. Mine is suspected soft tissue impingement. Despite what you may have thought, me too, even a partial takes time. Sleep---what's that? I still sleep in a recliner. I can tell...
  4. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Hey Janet. Thanks for support. Will keep u posted.
  5. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Thought I'd give an update. Had my bone scan today that was requested by the 2nd opinion surgeon. Machine was just as creepy as I had read, and this was reported to be the least "closed in" made. I asked to see it and have procedure explained before beginning; protested and was given the...
  6. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    @Sonny'sWife Oh my! You are quite the collector. They are obviously important to you, I spied the fire extinguisher in front. :angel: If I lived closer I'd bring you my famous peanut butter fudge. We make tons of it for Christmas gifts. I prefer chocolate, so I don't eat it. Yea...
  7. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    @Sonny'sWife Depression is a stinker for sure. I'm actually proud of myself for acknowledging it right now. The biggest problem with it, is that I often soothe myself with chocolate. And with not sleeping, and being in the area next to the kitchen, that's really bad news. I've long been a...
  8. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Janet, thanks for video. Where do you folks find these things? I need to do more googleing :heehee: I tried propping myself on couch, but because it has cushions, I slipped between them. Boy that was fun getting out of! I actually had a hospital bed for awhile. My house has so many stairs...
  9. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Thanks everyone for info. I will check out the doctor's listed. I'm actually familiar with a couple of them. Anybody know anything about Dr. Meninghini out of IU? He was on cover of Best Docs Magazine in November. @Clipless I would love to have notes as well as x-rays. I should know they...
  10. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Thanks Jamie. Curious, why do I have to pay for x-rays again? Haven't I already paid for them?
  11. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Janet, that's awesome that you slept 5 hours! Is your sleeping problem that you keep waking or pain? I find that I can't sleep on my back, never could, but sleeping on my side, even with a pillow, hurts the surgery site. If it didn't hurt to touch the site, I could sleep like a log. Here's to...
  12. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    @Sonny'sWife You are so kind. I will take all the prayers you can give. It was great to go to church today. I keep saying, God has something I am supposed to learn from this. My depression would be off the charts without my faith. How are you doing? I may be jealous, but I do wish you the best.
  13. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Thanks Janet for info. Hope you were able to sleep in your bed. I actually have to go shopping for a new recliner. I've slept in it since my surgery; it wasn't that great, and I've worn it out. My late Christmas present to myself. Will post info about scan when I find out.
  14. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    @Jamie You are so kind. Zip is 46226, but there are lots of codes in the area. My surgeon was not in this zip (sorry, I don't know his). I will take any help you can provide. I can certainly travel out of state if needed, but I wouldn't have a clue how to know if an out of state OS was any...
  15. F

    PKR Help! Continued pain

    Good to hear from you Josephine. Sounds like you're going to be dealing with all this knee stuff soon. Sending you good thoughts and speedy recovery. I saw therapist at my regular doctor's recommendation, because my gait was so bad and I had begun to have significant back, hip, right knee...
Back
Top Bottom