Recent content by FleuveStone

  1. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    thanks for reaching out, @Layla! healing continues apace, squeezed into the rest of life happening. so many medical and dental appointments, yikes! and not related to the new knee... hope to sit down at my computer sometime and write about what's happening. glad to see your smiling face and...
  2. F

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    @Legseleven love hearing about your recovery and outings. Especially hanging out laundry. As mentioned before, we're limited to a small covered walkway thanks to our SEAGULLS and other very productive birds flying overhead :heehee: so I'm envious! May I ask about your itchy red hands? Is...
  3. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    thanks for the message, @Layla ! appreciate the kind thoughts and words. :hugzz: Glad I'm getting a moment to do a 5-month update. BACKGROUND, this is mainly for me to get a handle on stuff! It's been busy with family visits, summer birthdays, and miscellaneous medical appointments. My husband...
  4. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    ooh good progress being ready to drive so early! it took me to eight weeks to start driving short distances... and very tentatively at that!
  5. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    ooh cool thanks @Layla!
  6. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    well that's intriguing, @alex_mom! i can't quite fathom it from the pics but will look into it, thank you!
  7. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    thanks for the kind comments, everyone! :hugzz: four months feels pretty good. I've started prolotherapy with shock wave treatment for the trochanter/glute/back area in addition to physio. I'm basically pretty functional most of the time so am very grateful to be here. the hardest thing lately...
  8. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    Saw my physio a couple of days ago. Have been feeling like both my knees are in a setback--2-year-old leftie and 3-month-+ rightie. It can probably be attributed partly to stopping cryotherapy and not doing any other kind of icing in a serious way. So I'm sitting here with a big ole ice pad...
  9. F

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    I must say that heat wave sounds exceptionally tragic. fingers crossed it breaks soon. countdown to sunday at 6.15 is on! I remember the joy of starting NSAIDs again. they seem to work much better than acetaminophen alone at least for me. @Jamie's suggestion about some good electrolytes...
  10. F

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    sounds like having dreams again is a good sign. i know I'm always happier when i get more REM sleep. "Hornet in the knee" is such a vivid and fitting image. did you sketch that?
  11. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    so funny and so true @Layla!
  12. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    went to the dentist today, for a checkup and cleaning, after not being able to go for at least 3 months before and after surgery. a relief to see my teeth held up okay. knock on wood etc...
  13. F

    Revised PKR to TKR Tosh's PKR to TKR Recovery.

    short frequent walks with the walker is what my OS office recommended too, in the early weeks. hard to get much accomplished but the healing is a big accomplishment in itself!
  14. F

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    glad you're in a place now that's much more conducive to healing. getting startled all the time definitely isn't! sounds like you've got an intuitive approach that's also data informed. hope your good resting continues, as much as can be expected.
  15. F

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    good idea to watch Bob Ross! when I've done it in the past it was worth many hours of therapy! :hugzz: :heehee:
Back
Top Bottom