Recent content by Flashcat

  1. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you Jockette! I’m still working on the bend regardless of how long it takes. I can’t see how further surgery or even a manipulation would have helped me! I’ll take my results! I’m not sure I’d be able to handle another TKR on the left knee! I am doing ok with the cortisone injection atm...
  2. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    I’m sorry I’ve been remiss in reporting back! The shot in my left (bad knee) kicked in after about 2 weeks and I immediately started doing exercises again in earnest. I am still not naturally alternating steps! I’d say my bend is not up to par by a lot. I hold the thought that the second year...
  3. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    I’m thinking about ordering an unloader brace if I can find a short person version for the left knee. I’ll keep working on ROM on the right knee the best I can! Thanks for always responding :kitty: As usual Bonesmart ROCKS! :thankyou:
  4. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you eaglemom! Yes, I will be careful I’ve been seeing him for years and he’s very careful and knowledgeable. He’ll undoubtedly choose the best option for the work. I saw him before I went to outpatient PT-after I was injured by in home PT 3 days after surgery!!
  5. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Well I’m struggling with the left knee and that has set back my progress on ROM. That said, My rtkr knee no longer has that exhausting pain it once had! It appears to be well placed and I have no problems with it other than lack of range, numbness and occasional heat. I think it’ll be fine! The...
  6. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you!! I’m hopeful
  7. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Good information! Thank you Jamie!! I got a cortisone shot for the no surgical knee but it still hurts!
  8. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thanks Alex’s mom! Sounds like you’re doing well! It’s a tough surgery either way! I like sparring the quad part!! All the best for a great recovery! Flashcat
  9. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Yes, I’m still looking at all the research. I know traditional,JK and Subvastus (SP) are all going to be different for every knee and all very traumatic surgeries!!I had a terrible time with it. I knew so little going into it! I have very low expectations for any of them to be easy! I’d give...
  10. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Yes! It is still major bone cutting surgery!! Bone pain is the kicker!
  11. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you so very much Layla!
  12. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you legs! I’m so sorry to hear this news about the revision! All the best!! I’ll be sending good vibes your way! Flashcat
  13. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Hello Bonesmarties, Had trkr 5/5/25. Now left knee is deteriorating and very painful. Getting a shot this week! My question is: Does anyone in BS admin or a TKR recipient have knowledge/information about the Jiffy Knee TKR procedure? I’m researching it but I'm finding mostly JK doctors saying...
  14. Flashcat

    TKR Still working on ROM

    Thank you Benne68! I’ve read some of the same things on jiffy knee support group sites. I hope that all the PT and exercise classes have helped me to get through another one. Terrified to go through this again! I went NOLA march 3rd. it was a good trip. Not as therapeutic on the knee this...
Back
Top Bottom