@Ready2HikeAgain i never did find relief with any topicals or lotions. I just had to “grin and bear it”. It eventually went away. I would say try vitamin E and remember not to get anything on the incision if it isn’t completely healed. Every now and then I still get insane itchy spells. I found...
18 weeks post op today. I don’t post too much around here but I do occasionally hop on to see how everyone is doing. I can honestly say I never thought I’d get to where I am. At 15 weeks post op I participated in my first 5k post op. I may have finished almost last but I did it. Surprisingly...
Hi @Retiredmam i had surgery the same day as you!! Great job on your 5k!! I thought I was nuts for completing one 15 weeks post op back in February. I was surprisingly not sore after, but I iced and elevated as soon as I got home and took it easy for the rest of the weekend. Great job and...
Saw OS today, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. He was pleased with my progress and released me from therapy and told me to go on and live my life. Of course he said I was still early in my recovery but he was happy with where I am right now. Still wants me to keep...
Wow, sounds like so far you are doing great. I’m really sore and stiff today. Called my OS and I see him next Tuesday so another week of gently stretching and maybe I can gain a few more degrees.
Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.
@Helizabug, first I will be thinking of you tomorrow during your procedure. After freaking out about my ROM I found your recovery thread and read all about your journey. Your decision for MUA makes complete sense to me, if you are unable to do all the things you love to do because you don’t have...
I’m so irritated. I just received a voicemail that OS wants to reschedule my appt for tomorrow. Of course it’s after hours and I will have to call in the am. I wouldn’t be so irked if this hadn’t happened for my last appt as well. So I guess I will call in the am to reschedule. I do not have any...
Last therapy appt before I see my OS tomorrow. I was able to hit 102 degrees on my own and 113 with help. Using the rope I was able to get myself to 105. I feel pretty good and I don’t feel like PT pushed me too hard. She has always been very gentle with me. I’m sure I give lots of resistance...
13 weeks tomorrow. Therapy went well today. I had to miss Monday’s session so I was worried I wouldn’t do that well today. But I made it to 101 degrees today!!! Woot woot!! I’ve been really making an effort to stretch and move everyday. I see my OS next Tues so hopefully I can gain a few more...
PT today was tougher than I expected. The bike was not as much fun as Monday. Was much harder, with help I was able to get to 105. Still struggle to get to 95 on my own. And now I feel tight. I iced as soon as I got to work, and now I have a raging headache. I should probably go home but I’m...
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I feel like a big whiner and Debbie downer at times. I do remind myself of the things that I can do that I hadn’t been able to do a few days ago. Just the times when the swelling and tightness come on I start to doubt my recovery. For instance I...
10 weeks 5 days post op. Back to PT yesterday and determined to avoid MUA. Therapist measures me after I do my heel slides. I’m still getting to 95 on my own, with a little bit of help I was able to get to 103. I feel so discouraged. I know it’s a marathon and I just need to be patient. But I...
@tlfiore I’m so glad you had a great appt!! I thought your progress has been great, you are way ahead of me at this stage. You are doing fantastic and I must admit I’m green with envy at your recovery. But, everyone is different and I remind myself of that daily. I feel I am behind the curve...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.