Recent content by firstx1017

  1. firstx1017

    2020 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Yes, having LTHR on 1/16/20 - if all tests and results are cleared - RTHR sometime April/May 2020
  2. firstx1017

    THR Ding ding Round 3

    Looks like we will be hip buddy's! I'm having my left hip done on 1/16/20 and right hip 3 months after that.
  3. firstx1017

    THR Set the date today

    Looks like we will be hippy buddies - I have my left hip scheduled 1/16/20 and then my right hip 3 months after that. January 2016 I noticed I could no longer cross my legs and my range of motion was getting limited. Went to Dr. and had X-rays Oct. 2016 - bone on bone for both hips. I have...
  4. firstx1017

    Meloxicam and OA hips - opinions please

    Hi - there 59 years old here. I've been taking Meloxicam for 2 years now. I take 1 pill a day - I think it is 5 mg. It has helped along with the PT stretches I've been doing for the past 3 years. However, this summer my hips have taken a turn for the worse. I am unable to waterski this...
  5. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    That's what I was wondering. I actually don't want to make any more appointments and insurance payments to an OS just to ask the question. I will take this "pain relief" that I am experiencing in stride, and enjoy it until the pain comes back. But boy, I have to admit the leg cramps being...
  6. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    Oh, I don't think this is a cure at all. I know it will come back. I exercise a lot. I am on the elliptical an hour a day and on the exercise bike 1/2 hour - everyday. On the weekends we waterski Sat & Sun. In winter we snowboard every weekend. In between waterskiiig and snowboarding, we...
  7. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    I get what you mean @Rascali. I have weaned off the Meloxicam this week (since I feel so good) and I haven't taken Ibuprofen for over a year. Makes me wonder if something in the ingredients is similar to ibuprofen. I think this is a fluke and wonder when I will start hurting again - but I...
  8. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    Believe me, I am wary about this also - hence my post. I looked into this for a good 2 months before I took the leap. Yes this is an MLM but I'm not in that business. I did this to try the product and that's all. I know that you can have good days and bad days with hip pain but mine has...
  9. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    Here are the active ingredients. Active Ingredients: hgh 30x thyroidinum 8x glandula suprarenalis suis 6x drug facts: inactive ingredients: purified water, phenoxyethanol & caprylyl glycol & sorbic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate...
  10. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    Forgot to add - I have not had any leg cramps since I started taking this either!
  11. firstx1017

    Question - Human Growth Hormone

    Josephine, I wonder if you can help me with a question I have. 2 years ago I was told I was bone on bone on my left hip. My right hip was pretty bad, but now my right hip was worse than my left. I am very active and water ski during the summer and snowboard in the winter. I also do long...
  12. firstx1017

    FiremanSam - need reassurance!

    Hey there FiremanSam - I am very active and am wondering about my activities after surgery also. I was diagnosed with OA in both hips 2 years ago. But I still snowboard every weekend in the winter and waterski all summer. We also take long bike rides @30 miles on the weekends. I was taking...
  13. firstx1017

    Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

    I'm still holding off on my surgery. Was diagnosed a year ago with bone on bone OA in my hips, but I still LOVE to waterski and snowboard. I was able to waterski last summer (every weekend), snowboard all winter (every weekend) last year. This summer I was still able to waterski and I am...
  14. firstx1017

    THR Going bionic, part 2

    Nothing scheduled yet - I'm trying to put it off till 2018 if possible. Dr. set me up with PT to get me some stretches and exercises to use so that I can continue to snowboard this winter and waterski next summer. I felt SOOOOO good after leaving PT! Loved some of the stretches and could tell...
  15. firstx1017

    THR Going bionic, part 2

    Hey there - another local here from Ventura. I feel for you as when I have my surgery I will not have ANY help. Not sure how I will handle it all. Sounds like you are doing pretty good, which is great to hear!
Back
Top Bottom