Recent content by Fighting Fear

  1. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Hi Laceylake. My lunch was ok. I managed to chew and swallow. I think I am getting a little better. Hope you are also improving. I think you are heroic...snow tires, lunch, shopping. I have to go and try to find a used car tomorrow and can't sleep because I am terrified of making a wrong...
  2. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thanks Laceylake. Sounds like a busy day. I am really glad to know you are getting stronger physically and emotionally. I am still struggling, but going to lunch with a friend tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's support and prayer. I thank God every time I think of all of you.
  3. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    I can't possibly tell you how much you all mean to me. Thanks.
  4. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thank you again for encouraging me. My dr visit went well, I think. She started me immediately on Cymbalta. She confirmed what many of you have wisely said, that this surgery is very hard on the body and on our chemical balance. She ordered blood work to be sure I am not anemic or have...
  5. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thank you for all of the kind words. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to ask about the fatigue, anxiety, fear, panic, insomnia, depression and inability to think. I know that I have to have help with this and I really appreciate everything you are sharing. Just getting to tomorrow. I did ask a...
  6. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    @Josephine a. I have been depressed or anxious before, but usually In circumstances which would warrant those feelings. b. I do not live alone. c. There have been people who have been helpful and kind. Now they see that I seem back to normal physically and do not understand why I can't snap...
  7. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thanks for the recommendation. I will try anything. I really appreciate the support.
  8. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Hi friends. I did call my GP. I have an appointment next week. This is just not getting better and I am terrified that this is who I am now. The world seems hostile and so loud. So sorry to be such a downer. I am really grateful to know that there is a possibility it will pass.
  9. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thanks for the encouragement. I am sorry I don't know yet how to use the site to reply to a post. I am praying for you, Lalo. So grateful for all of you.
  10. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Thanks to you both for your help. The post op blues post describes a lot of what I am feeling. I am relieved that this is not permanent. I am very grateful for all of your posts. Helps me feel a little less lonely.
  11. F

    THR I seem like a stranger

    Hi. 8 weeks into recovery and I am grateful that I seem to be making progress physically. My pain is manageable with ibuprofen for a couple of weeks now. However, I am having a terrible time with re-entering the world. Everything seems so different. I don't recognize myself and I cry...
  12. F

    THR OUCH !!!<

    Hi Jacey. I have no idea how to start my own thread, but I would very much like to help others and learn more.
  13. F

    THR Fighting fear after THR

    Also wanted to say that I did take Percocet. That was the only med that helped. Norco and tramadol did not relieve the pain and made my mind race. Now I take ibuprofen 3 times daily. There is so much we can share and learn, but in the end you will find what works for you. THANKS TO EVERYONE...
  14. F

    THR Fighting fear after THR

    Greetings. This is my first post. I am very grateful for the information and encouragement I have received from this site. I am still struggling with depression and crying and the surreal re-entry into what seems to be a completely different world. THR in August. Yes, the pain was crushing...
Back
Top Bottom