Recent content by fibermizer

  1. fibermizer

    All four joints? Why? Anyone?

    Hi ClubMates. I had my pre-op appointment with surgeon today. My surgery date was actually confirmed via email with the Doc's PA so nothing was really official until today. I was apparently in denial( or "LaLa Land-whichever you relate to) ,thinking that a partial knee replacement might...
  2. fibermizer

    2014 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    LTKA scheduled for 8/28. Hope I'm done then!
  3. fibermizer

    All four joints? Why? Anyone?

    in 2011 a Doctor said to me "just go get a new hip". I said a new what?!?! I kinda walked funny all my life and have a little scoliosis and one day I knew I would probably need a new hip- but certainly not before I turned 60! It was not even on my radar. But the pain started, the weight...
  4. fibermizer

    TKR Gluten Intolerance/physical trauma

    I also should have mentioned that my symptoms of gluten sensitivity are muscle aches and stiffness. Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  5. fibermizer

    TKR Gluten Intolerance/physical trauma

    Poppet - thanks for the info and I look forward to reading more from you. Whimsy3 - you are correct -- these days going gluten free seems to be pretty easy. I am glad I didn't have to blaze the trail on that...
  6. fibermizer

    TKR Gluten Intolerance/physical trauma

    It seems I have recently developed gluten intolerance after joint replacement surgery. Has anyone else experienced this? I read that this can develop after a trauma. I have only been on my gluten free diet for less than a week but the results so far are astounding!
  7. fibermizer

    LTHR-check, RTKR-check, RTHR-on deck

    Thanks for the reply, BeckyR. July 10th will be here before you know it! I will have to look into the brace you write about - glad it's helping you. I do wear a compression sleeve on my knee when I'm on it for a while and that helps. Seems to me that by bodies reaction to anything is to swell...
  8. fibermizer

    LTHR-check, RTKR-check, RTHR-on deck

    Thanks for the reply Josephine. It's a comfort to know that I have company. I have tried to find ANY information on the internet about the likelihood of getting both hips and both knees replaced and over what time period is typical. I've also wondered if I need to be especially concerned...
  9. fibermizer

    LTHR-check, RTKR-check, RTHR-on deck

    Thanks, Jaycey. Yep, I do ice once or twice a day. I usually just strap an ice pack to my knee and go about my business. Tylenol is my go-to pain killer and I've also found that a compression sleeve helps. My Internist also prescribed Cymbalta for pain. Is anyone else taking Cymbalta for...
  10. fibermizer

    LTHR-check, RTKR-check, RTHR-on deck

    Thanks for the replies and encouragement! Yes, I was just telling my husband that I have to have my extreme makeover in my 50's so I can get back to work in my 60's. It is truly amazing that I can drive down the street, get a new hip, and be home 3 days later. I am still having lots of pain...
  11. fibermizer

    LTHR-check, RTKR-check, RTHR-on deck

    Has anyone else had to have all 4 of the body's largest joints replaced due to osteoarthritis? My RTHR is scheduled for 8/29 after having a knee replaced in 2012 and a hip replaced in 2011. I never saw this coming! I am (still) 58 years old and knew I always had joint issues but never paid much...
  12. fibermizer

    TKR Finally recovering

    Thanks Buddahbear, sounds like I will have to try that seam roller.
  13. fibermizer

    TKR Finally recovering

    My physical therapist and I recently determind that my TKR recovery problems are stemming from the IT band (with much thanks to the info on this board) . For two weeks in a row she gave me a deep tissue massage and just a few days ago she put some tape on the muscle (and all the way down the...
  14. fibermizer

    TKR Finally recovering

    Buddahbear, I too can totally relate! Pain makes you old. Last week I had my 3 month check up for my TRKR (I'm moving very slowely in the right direction) and we ended up talking about a possible (probable?) TRHR! I didn't want to bring it up but I did - it seems the more active I get with my...
  15. fibermizer

    TKR Finally recovering

    I was here looking for advice and found this thread:) I am 14 weeks out today and some of your issues sound so familiiar to me. The aggressive PT causing a hault for days- the feeling of 'will this ever get better?' My PT thinks I am having problems due to my pigeon toes and that maybe I put...
Back
Top Bottom