Recent content by fenway09

  1. fenway09

    THR One week behind me for RTHR

    I had the SuperPath approach, the most minimally invasive, muscle sparing approach.
  2. fenway09

    THR One week behind me for RTHR

    I am not certain I am in the right thread but wanted to check in with my results. So, I had myself all psyched up for the spinal with propofol. When the Anesthesiologist came in he indicated I would be getting a spinal with GA, which confused me because I thought I was up for propofol thru...
  3. fenway09

    2021 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

    Today, September 27......one super path total hip replacement ( right) coming up.
  4. fenway09

    THR RTHR coming up on 9/27/21 ~ SuperPath approach

    Just feeling a little wiggy this weekend about upcoming surgery on Monday. Since I had my left THR in 2015, they have now recommended a spinal with profofol in lieu of GA. I am not sure which is bothering me more, the thought of a needle in my spine or the pain post surgery. Going to read some...
  5. fenway09

    TKR Just a little support...

    Hi Nancy, I haven't visited the forum for quite awhile and was shocked to read of your trial with BC. I am grateful for you, that they treated it and that you are in recovery. Cheers to better days ahead in 2020. I wish you well along your path. Take care of yourself.
  6. fenway09

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    My PT has not discharged me because she feels I’m only at 70 percent. I am going once every two weeks and honestly haven’t been doing my exercises at home anyway because of the warmth and pain. I felt just daily living and walking and doing stairs when I can is enough. Thanks for your thoughts.
  7. fenway09

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    Hi fellow knee warriors.......I have not posted in awhile and am hoping to get some feedback from others regarding recovery process. I am still in PT and have excellent ROM ( 125-130) and I am at zero extension. However, I still have some pain when weight bearing and a very tight and numbing...
  8. fenway09

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    @RAD @lopat ......glad to hear you both are doing well! I also had a very good appt with my OS yesterday.....he is pleased with ROM 130 and finally at zero......when I can relax:yes!: Over the last 2 weeks I have seen marked improvement and less pain. Still continuing with PT and a regimen at...
  9. fenway09

    TKR Life in Recovery: cynof4’s RTKR

    Hi Cynthia.......I have been keeping my eye out for you to have your surgery as I noticed that your original date was postponed. Congrats for having it behind you. This first week is a bear for sure but slowly it improves...just stay on top of pain meds! I was hooked up to my ice cuff 18...
  10. fenway09

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    Thank you @lopat and @RAD Glad you are both doing well......I am praying for patience. I have to remember that my poor knee has had a heck of a year with the TKR being the third surgery, so its bound to be a longer recovery for me. Still doing PT and tomorrow I am aiming to get back to pool...
  11. fenway09

    TKR Just a little support...

    @RAD I am hanging in.......just updated my thread. Slogging along. Hope you are well.
  12. fenway09

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    So here we are closing in at 10 plus weeks. I am still having a fair amount of pain. Here is the description: like my knee has been clubbed and is bruised with a tight clamp around the knee and numbness down lateral side. It feels like I am misaligned, something I have felt since my original...
  13. fenway09

    TKR Just a little support...

    @lopat CONGRATS on your continued successful recovery.....you are doing amazing! :yahoo:
  14. fenway09

    TKR Coming up on 5 months post TKR ~ still with pain when WB

    @Jockette we have a lions club rotary here nearby and they loan out used ( like new) medical equipment.....walkers, wheelchairs, canes, shower chairs and more......it's such a great idea. I am grateful though I did purchase a shower chair that straddles the tub for when I had the TPF last May.
  15. fenway09

    TKR Just a little support...

    oh @lopat.........geez.....I am glad you are well healed and in good shape to care for your mom. I was in her situation last summer with a tibial plateau fracture.....surgery with 12 weeks NWB.....so I feel her pain. The universe is watching out for all of us even though some times it may not...
Back
Top Bottom