TKR Just a little support...

@lopat, your progress is amazing! Eleven flights of stairs and all those steps! That's great and sounds like so much fun!
 
Hey all, haven't been around for quite awhile. After my trip to Disney, I found a lump, left breast. That led to a mammogram which found a small tumor in right as well. Off to Cleveland clinic for 2nd opinion. Cancer in both breast, each one a different kind. Double mastectomy with reconstruction 10/8. Then started radiation 11/13, all at Cleveland. What an amazing place! Made it home 12/21. Got all the cancers and it hadn't spread to lymph nodes. I'm still recovering from the horrible roasting they call radiation. On an estrogen blocking pill for next 5 years with infusions every 6 months to keep my bone density up.

My knee is doing pretty well. Stairs still aren't great but I'm thinking I got a big setback from all the laying around.

Hope all of you are doing well and had great Christmases. Happy New Year!

Nancy
 
Oh Nancy, what an awful time you have had. But, praise God all the cancer is gone! Now, you can get on with enjoying your new knee in the New Year.

It's not unusual for a 6 month old knee to still be unhappy with stairs. Afterall, it's only half way healed. Laying around just gave it more time to heal so it'll be ready to be more used now. Don't overwork it or it'll yell at you. You don't want that! You've been through enough.
 
Oh Nancy, I’m just checking in and I saw your post - I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve been through! It sounds like you’ve gotten excellent treatment.

I wish you a Happy and most importantly a Healthy New Year!
 
So sorry to hear about your cancer. I hope things will be much better in 2020. You sound pretty upbeat in spite of all you’ve been through.:console2:
 
Hi Nancy,
I haven't visited the forum for quite awhile and was shocked to read of your trial with BC. I am grateful for you, that they treated it and that you are in recovery. Cheers to better days ahead in 2020. I wish you well along your path. Take care of yourself.
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom