Recent content by fanny23

  1. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Thank you Layla, I am pleased that Josephine is recovering from her op. I appreciate your advice re PT, I have been to a few sessions but they have focussed on strengthening my core rather than leg strength. I am trying to strengthen the latter now by being a bit more sensible about building up...
  2. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Evening everyone. I’m still trying to overcome my various issues. I have ODed on 5km on the stationery bike and, once felt a bit better, then 2 mins of modest squats! On both occasions I ended up with very wobbly legs and an inability to walk more than a few metres. I am so desperate to build up...
  3. F

    Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

    Evening everyone. I have just caught up with your posts which I have found soooo encouraging - I too have been excited to feel less pain (in bum, legs, back) and have consequently entered the ODIC by then trying to do too much. The thought that this WILL improve in time does make me feel so...
  4. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Thanks for your reply Layla, the injection was for diagnostic purposes so it was a small amount that should have worked in 15-30 mins for a limited time (approx 12-24 hours I think) if my pain was caused by facet joint syndrome. I have spoken to my GP about the pain I am feeling hence the...
  5. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Hello all. I’ve been keeping up with ‘old friends’ by reading your posts, those that have ‘disappeared’ I assume are fully recovered - well done them! My 8 month anniversary is on Friday and progress is slow! My hip itself is healing well, just soft tissue aches and pains. However my back issues...
  6. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Thanks Jaycey, I did do a lot of 'hand walking' around the furniture in the house prior to the op so it makes sense that it will take time to get the muscles going again. We are just planning a visit to my son and family who live in Barcelona, possible date is May 1st - so clears the 12 month...
  7. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Thank you so much @Elf1, @Layla and Carol (@CricketHip).Your support and that of other Bonesmarties over the last few months has been invaluable. Red letter day yesterday - first independent outing to run some errands, motivated by needing to buy H a birthday present, pay in a cheque I found...
  8. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Six month anniversary today and, sadly, still not walking the dog!! Foolishly I did not heed the wise counsel of bonesmarties and went to physio last Monday. She had me doing lateral step ups and I have been suffering ever since. My lower back pain has returned, just as I thought it was...
  9. F

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    I am always a little suspicious when people comment on how much better I look - I think in my head I translate it into ' you've put weight on'!
  10. F

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    Like @linette333 I think I should try to think of the positives in my recovery ( at 6 months!). I can walk up and down stairs normally most of the time, I can walk round the garden without a stick and I can sleep on either side fairly comfortably. Like others I am very stiff in the mornings, I...
  11. F

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    I sympathise with you @bickypeg re cuddling your granddaughter, I have had the same issue with my grandson (nearly 3). He can't understand why I can't pick him up. I have tried getting down to his level, then found I couldn't get up properly - both he and my dog thought this was a great game...
  12. F

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Our 'boys' are now 40,38 and 36 - their bedrooms are still full of their stuff! Sports gear, guitar, school and university books, posters, teddy bears. Our youngest plus wife are currently living in Dubai so his bedroom contains most of their clothes plus cooking equipment!!
  13. F

    THR Linette333 is in recovery<

    I am sitting on ice packs this evening and doing deep breathing to cope with aching calves and groins - all caused by standing up for 3/4 hour weighing out portions of raw chicken (yuck) for our dog for the next month and intermittently disinfecting everything. It is so reassuring to read that...
  14. F

    THR Still struggling<

    Thank you so much @Layla, @CricketHip and @Mojo333. I really appreciate your input, support and suggestions. I don't think the knee issue is caused by arthritis, I had no trouble with them prior to the op. They are just very stiff and don't fold as far as they should. I think it is a muscular...
  15. F

    THR Worries about pain and recovery<

    Like you both I have been plagued by 'the blues'. Even with a painful and collapsing hip I managed to keep things going in the house, and the garden fairly tidy. Though H has been really supportive, the state of the garden coupled with almost constant pain in both legs has been so depressing, it...
Back
Top Bottom