Recent content by fallenstar

  1. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Haven't left a update for a while, everyone ditched me back in March, no dr no therapist. I went a month and a half or so with no help. I still cannot lift myself up or sit with my leg, walk to far, go up and down steps. I am about 9 months post op. I had my primary give me a script for more PT...
  2. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Thanks everyone for the support. Unfortunately I was not even allowed to return to work unless I ditched the cane and had 0 restrictions. So I had to wing it. With that being said they wont allow part time or wont accommodate. It has been very rough but it is slowly getting better. I am in less...
  3. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Leaving a update for anyone who cares to know. I am now 21weeks post. I returned to work Jan 21st. I work in manufacturing and I operate machinery all day, so that means I am on my feet 8hrs 7x a week. I hit a point in my recovery where I could wing it without my cane. First week of work was...
  4. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Thank you! @Layla and @Mojo333 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
  5. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    @Smitty0202 Sorry I did not see your post sooner! Is there any updates?? I nerve pain that is sharp and stabbing, felt from my groin that shoots down to my knee. I also feel it at times right at the top of my thigh like the top of your rectus femoris. Which is a muscle that was shown affected...
  6. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Thanks everyone! I knew it had to be something wrong! And it is such a relief to finally have an answer even though there is literally nothing I can do to better my situation which makes me sad. It is a waiting game and I have made a bit of noticable progress within the past couple weeks, but it...
  7. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Finally!!!!! AN ANSWER!! just had my EMG/NCS and there is confirmed femoral nerve damage. He believes it is not cut completely since I was able to get slight activation after trying over and over again, but there was damage present. He said it can take 3months- a year to fully heal. So happy to...
  8. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Will do, Thank you.
  9. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Update No knee injury aside from slight ware on cartilage. He had no answer to my knee pain. But he suspects it to be femoral nerve damage. I am about 3 months post and still cannot walk without my knee giving way and me falling to the floor. I am scheduled for a EMG in 2 weeks.
  10. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    For those who care for an update. I am now 10 weeks post op, my knee still gives out when trying to weight load. I have been in excruciating knee pain beyond words, with slight swelling at times, but my foot never fails to swell along with it. I finally caved and saw my surgeon while awaiting my...
  11. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    @wonkyhipoy PT believes I have "tendonitis" from keeping my leg bent so long (2 weeks) then trying to walking incorrectly for 1 week when I tried to go weight bearing. They dont do anything that aggravates it and keep saying to ice it like crazy and once I strengthen it should go away. When I...
  12. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    @Mojo333 I have osteoarthritis in my knees so when I ran pre op I braced them with these cheap unloading braces, I am going to try that and see if it gets better. Fingers crossed.
  13. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Thank you so much @Layla
  14. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    @Mojo333 My therapist was aware of my knee and was the one who kept saying it sounded like a knee injury from when I started when I was 3 weeks post. So we have been working around it to not agitate. So if it bothers my knee or hip we don't do it. At first it was only painful during certain...
  15. fallenstar

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Yea I guess my research was lacking. I always check into all my drs regardless of what is being done. Hard lesson to learn. Still does not change my very real issue.
Back
Top Bottom