Recent content by EssexGirl

  1. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Thank you Jamie, I have read the article and I think this might be the problem I’m having. I’ve actually now made an appointment with my surgeon (not until September unfortunately) so hopefully he will be able to diagnose the symptoms.
  2. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Good Afternoon All, Haven’t posted for a while but feel the need to check in today. I am now 9 months post TLH replacement but am still having considerable discomfort around scar area. It is a deep bruised pain ( hard to explain properly) inside the area which means I still can’t lay on that...
  3. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    I’m not sure if I’ve done this right, I already have a thread with the above title. I posted on there yesterday but haven’t had any responses yet so am wondering if I’ve done something wrong? Sorry!
  4. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Hello everyone, hope you’re all doing well. I am now a little over 6 months post surgery and have been doing really well, walking normally with no pain. However, over the past few days I’ve noticed some discomfort in my butt cheek ( incision went part way up the cheek) and in my left hip where...
  5. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Please try not to feel despondent, as everyone always says on here, the healing process takes time. I was very impatient (still am!) for everything to get back to normal but once you can accept that it’s a long journey it does ease the worries. I would advise keep on with the icing when the pain...
  6. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Greetings All, Firstly, I apologise for only posting when I have a concern and need some advice or reassurance. I do stop by from time to time to see how everyone is getting on. My recovery is going really well ( now 5 months on), I am walking normally and without pain which is great. However...
  7. EssexGirl

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    I am so like you, I worry so much about the animals and birds in the winter. Our winters here in U.K. (apart from Scotland and northern areas) are really not that bad but still chilly enough to make you go “brrr”. Every morning I feed the garden birds, squirrels and mice, and I feed the foxes...
  8. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    I’ve been doing so well but unfortunately I overdid it yesterday and am now in the ODIC…again! I think when you are feeling so much better with no pain you forget you are actually still in the healing phase and do too much. I changed a double bed which I had pull away from the wall, moved...
  9. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    It really was!
  10. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    I will definitely be careful if in the future I feel the need to run! I didn’t even realise I was doing it until I got to the car and realised what I’d done!
  11. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Something quite amazing and unexpected happened today….I ran! Went to visit relatives and when we left it was raining quite hard and without even realising it, I was running to the car! I can’t actually remember the last time I was able to run. So today is definitely one I will remember .
  12. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Hi All, Haven’t posted for a little while as I haven’t had much to complain about! Obviously a good thing and something I’m very happy about. I think the real turning point for me was the 9 week mark (last week). I started to realise that I was doing things I couldn’t do before the surgery and...
  13. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    It’s actually my left hip I’ve had done :heehee: but the same applies! Merry Christmas and a Hippy New Year to all! :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
  14. EssexGirl

    THR Val’s Recovery

    Thanks all for the reassurance. I think sometimes that’s all you need to put your mind at rest. I do have a tendency to overthink things, and every twinge/ache/ pain I get, I’m thinking “is this right?” and “is this normal?”. Im so glad I found this forum, it’s been a godsend .
  15. EssexGirl

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Glad to hear you didn’t notice your hip hurting today but sorry it was because you had a distressed pet . When I’ve got a distressed or poorly pet it’s literally all I can think about, it’s so stressful. Hope they’re ok now and you can go back to concentrating on your hip!
Back
Top Bottom