Recent content by ERDocsMom

  1. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    I'm not sure to where to look for the subsequent articles on pre surgical conditioning for TKR's. Thank you Kathy
  2. E

    PKR Need Advice. Agonizing over decision to get surgery or not.

    I had a partial Mako in 2011. I had an excellent result. I now need the other knee replaced and it's probably going to be a TKR. We have a very good physician, here who does total knees, but in the traditional way. I'm opting for make up again though because I had such a good result. I think...
  3. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    Thank you! I do not have a firm date as of yet. My first appointment is August 16th and I hope to get a firm date at that time. I am told the surgery takes place approximately 8 weeks after the visit. I am on a good probiotic and am already trying to eat most of what you suggest. Taking...
  4. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    It is Dr. John Diana of the Coon Institute in St. Helena, CA. Dr. Coon did my first makoplasty on my left knee but I lived in northern California then. It is still wonderful and that was eleven years ago. Now I need my right knee done. Dr. Coon has retired and Dr. Diana is the head physician...
  5. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    I always pay for extra leg room. It's worth it. Thanks for the reminder about the shoes. I have adjustable sandals. I don't recall my foot swelling with the first TKR.
  6. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    Great idea! Thank you!
  7. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    My husband will be with me and we will be using a wheelchair in the airport. I wouldn’t even attempt it alone! I’m flying down for my preop on August 16 and I’m going to talk to the airline about the ice at that time. Thank you for the suggestions!
  8. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    It was my surgeons office that told me that I could fly basically three days after surgery. They say they have people coming from Alaska and flying back home which, of course has a longer flight they will give me a shot of Lovenox the day that I leave to prevent blood clots.
  9. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    I have researched closer to home but no one here has a lot of experience with makoplasty and the one doc I would let do my knee the conventional way is booked out until December just to see me. Our dog will have puppies in late January and I need to be healed enough to care for them. So the...
  10. E

    TKR Flying two days after TKR

    I am getting ready to have a Mako Robotic TKR probably the first part of October. I had a partial knee replacement 11 years ago, using the same type of technique, but I lived in California then and my surgeon was four hours away by car. This time I live in Idaho and have to fly to the Bay Area...
  11. E

    TKR Having Mako robot assisted TKR, anyone had it?

    I had a partial knee replacement using Mako in July 2012. I am going back to the same clinic, though I now live in Idaho and my doctor is in California, to have my other knee done in October. I suspect this one will be a TKR. It will also be via Mako. I have had very good results from my first...
  12. E

    Baker's Cyst

    Oh, that's one thing I forgot to mention. I moved to South Korea about 6 weeks ago (not Seoul but Jeju Island where there is very little English spoken and the medical care is not the best). My OS is in California. I may have to go to Bangkok where they have good medical care. A lady I know...
  13. E

    Baker's Cyst

    Well that's disheartening. It was a year last July since my knee replacement and my Baker's Cyst is becoming more and more symptomatic. Even going down stairs is difficult because my knee doesn't want to bend back that far as I unweight it.
  14. E

    Baker's Cyst

    I had a bi-compartmental knee replacement 14 months ago. I got good results but a few months ago it started getting tight again. Today I had an ultra sound for something else (possible DVT) and he told me I still have the Baker's cyst behind that knee? How can this be?
  15. E

    PKR 6 months after bi compartmental makoplasty

    I don't think my reply posted. If it did, sorry for the duplication. That's wonderful your son is an ER doctor too! My son practices in West Lafayette, IN. He doesn't like the weather but the pay is really good and the cost of living is low. I sure miss having him close to home! I'm walking at...
Back
Top Bottom