Recent content by Emelbee21

  1. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @Jockette Thanks.
  2. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    Hey Everyone! I am 5 weeks post op for my right knee and I am still having some muscular pain when bending in the upper thigh. It’s painful sometimes and physical therapy is working me to the core. I have decreased my oxycodone to one a day before PT and yesterday after PT I took Tylenol and...
  3. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @Jo Wo Thank you! I’m thankful for support forums such as this one. It has definitely helped me being able to post concerns and feelings and getting responses from people that are going through the same thing. Thanks for your responses! They mean a lot! :)
  4. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @kneeper :)
  5. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @Jockette thank you so much! Y’all are so kind! Today has been much better so far. I am tired. Insomnia has reared its ugly head and that just aggravates my emotions. But I’m thankful that I am able to laugh and smile and I have hope today! :)
  6. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @Jaycey Thank you. I read where I am not alone and my feelings are much like everyone else. It’s a difficult part of recovery. This too shall pass.
  7. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    The past few days have been rough for me. I cry and cry and I feel disheartened. I pray and pray and for God to help me get out of this depressive state. I have always had problems with anxiety and I take medication for it and I see a therapist. I just don’t think I have ever felt this...
  8. Emelbee21

    TKR Recovery after 6-21-21 Surgery

    You are probably overdoing it. I am almost 3 weeks post op and had to slow down quite a bit because my pain was returning. I was being hard headed thinking I was ok to push myself but in turn I was actually doing more harm than good. Try to slow down and give yourself some time to heal. Take...
  9. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @Jockette Thanks I get them confused. My doctor and physical therapist both said they like for patients to be @ 90 around 2 weeks. So they both said I was way ahead of the that for now. It’s the straightening that mine is around an 8 and they said it should get better with time.
  10. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    @beesknee @Sisterpat- I was bad this go around. I waited till 5 weeks for my left knee and this time drove at 2 weeks. I shouldn’t have. It does ache when I drive, and since she told me that I have decided to back away from the driving for a bit and rest and stop thinking I am normal. I have...
  11. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    I’m having some moderate pain today as I have I had for the the last 2 days. My knee is hurting and sore. I went to physical therapy this morning and my therapist told me I was more than likely doing too much too soon. She told me I shouldn’t be driving and I need to rest, ice, and elevate. I...
  12. Emelbee21

    PKR Post-Op Blues

    @archer girl Im so sorry you are having the blues. Emotional roller coasters are no fun and I have had them with both of my surgeries. I am 2 weeks out from my right TKR. I also don’t like depending on help, but sometimes we have to put our needs first. I’m thankful that my family has been...
  13. Emelbee21

    TKR LTKR Recovery!!

    2 week update: I had my staples removed today and it was absolutely nothing like last time. The nurse was gentle and while it wasn’t pleasant, she made it as comfortable as possible and I didn’t shed a tear!! Thank you Father God for watching over me!! My right knee looks great! I’m healing as I...
  14. Emelbee21

    TKR Happy with Right TKR

    I had my left knee done on 04.01.2021 and my right knee done 06.29.2021 and I was severely bow legged. I had the MAKO robotic assistance for both of my operations. I am now 2 weeks out from my right knee and am doing well. I had 109 ROM last week and I am walking pretty good even without a...
  15. Emelbee21

    TKR TKR

    @DanaLynn Welcome! Hope you are doing well.
Back
Top Bottom