Recent content by EMc

  1. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Jolease - You poor thing! Totally unexceptable. Here in US will throw a fit until get answers. Meanwhile sounds crazy but I went "hippy", I was getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am doing CBD oil, Chiropractor, PT and acupuncture. Feeling good. Meanwhile I am praying for you
  2. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Thank you everybody for your advice and encouragement. I will say I am officially BACK. Yahooo. Again did everything OS as well as @Jaycey suggested. I am back to PT and chiropractor. I have to work it if I want it.
  3. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Just when things were getting good. Walking down stairs, not rushing, great mood, concentrating on hips being straight per PTs instruction. Suddenly I am in almost squatting position chin almost touching knee. Note a position I have not been able to achieve. Yikes and Ouch! After thousands...
  4. EMc

    TKR Losing Faith

    thank you sistersinhim. Great advise for life. Its a shame that my insurance would not allow me to refuse the at home PT without cancelling the home nurse as well.
  5. EMc

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left June 4, 2018 Right September 13, 2018
  6. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Thank you, and yes things are indeed better. I am off all my meds. My walk is way better, the limp really affecting my hip - I am actually nice company again. It sure is nice to check in here with all of you having similar experiences.:)
  7. EMc

    TKR Kate's Knee Journey

    @SusieShoes: My PT therapist uses acupuncture in his routine. I too was never one to accept the all natural way, probably for the same reasons-never found one that worked. But this guy FANTASTIC. In fact I try to couple my PT appointment with my Chiropractor every other week. I think the...
  8. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Yes at my post op surgeons assistant stated she failed to allow the glue time enough to dry before dressing. She also reminded me there is a dissolving stitch under the glue so there was never fear of the incision completely opening up.
  9. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    I hope this is the correct place to add my progress. Today was my original post op visit. Surgery was Sept. 13th. (My First TKR was June 4, 2018) Thurs. Surgery; Friday home; Sunday visit from both PT and home health nurse. Blood leak started Sunday, with a little dollar size circle on the...
  10. EMc

    TKR Desperate for recovery advice<

    Gosh I've experience at least one of everything you all have experienced. I remember for a shoulder surgery my knee surgeon sent me to this shoulder guy. Had way bad vibes just entering the office. I have no problem firing or not using a doc if I am not comfortable. I had some complications...
  11. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Jolease, Thanks for sharing. I know your frustration. I went through same, except my pain was mainly on the other side of the partial. IE both my partials were on the interior of my knees, the pain was mainly on the outside portion; the part the partials were not covering. I kept bugging my...
  12. EMc

    Revision TKR 3 weeks po - 3's a charm

    Dr. OS Male did partials rt knee 2009; left 2010. Having arthroscope's yearly due to these little arthritis chips or bits my body would seem to produce. OS had a name for it; common started with the letter G. These chip pieces would float around but mostly work their way into various painful...
  13. EMc

    schpooko's Questions...

    Most important question re driving. Your OS as well as the hospital will give you plenty of instructions including driving. We all have to remember we are impaired by all the drugs we are taking. Safety first. My instructions were 6weeks for my Lft TKR in June. Off all painkillers (oxy &...
  14. EMc

    2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

    I had my right TKR Sept. 13, 2018 This TKR is replacing partial that was installed 2009
  15. EMc

    Partial to full knee replacement

    Hi SueStrong, Sorry for your knee woe's. Yes I went from partial(s) Right knee 2009 Left 2010. I too constantly suffered. OS never really 'got it' kept giving me what he called 'clean outs' which were out-patient arthoscopys. Never solved the pain and had to get yearly. Fast forward today -...
Back
Top Bottom