Recent content by elliemom

  1. elliemom

    Revision THR Cable removal after osteotomy

    I'm considering having the cables removed...when I have $3K. I walk, because it seems better and more cardio than I've been getting, trying to lose the 25 pounds I've gained and I can do everything PT has been doing, exclusive of rolling a metal bar over the incision site. I say hip-hip...
  2. elliemom

    Revision THR Cable removal after osteotomy

    I'm considering having the cables removed...when I have $3K. I walk, because it seems better and more cardio than I've been getting, trying to lose the 25 pounds I've gained and I can do everything PT has been doing, exclusive of rolling a metal bar over the incision site. I say hip-hip...
  3. elliemom

    Revision THR Cable removal after osteotomy

    It's been a while, but luckily staying quite busy, walking more, despite PT saying not. Most of my continuing pain is lateral over the femoral part of incision and top of thigh. Figured the proper way to share X-rays...hope this helps. As mentioned, I'm 1½ years post revision and just want to...
  4. elliemom

    Revision THR Cable removal after osteotomy

    My femoral osteotomy was done during my revision. The cables aren't wrapped around the upper trochanter as much as your photo, but more in a row down the femoral. I'm trying to include the last ... but seem to have forgotten how to accomplish this.
  5. elliemom

    Revision THR Cable removal after osteotomy

    I haven't seen any threads that share an experience of post revision cable removal. 1+ years following hip revision and subsequent follow up with surgeon, I received a shot for bursitis and additional PT Prescription to build abductor and lumbar strength and IT stretching, but was also advised...
  6. elliemom

    THR THR Recovery - Slow but steady

    @lthr...I'm not a medical guru, and there are many in the forum, but I did have fluctuations in the way I felt...hot, cold, hot cold. I don't think it's a fever so much as it it a reaction to body evasion and meds. If you're worried about running a fever, get an easy read thermometer and keep...
  7. elliemom

    THR Mark's on the other side

    Interesting comment on the rope technique. My "scar" pic is just before your's and my dent is ridiculous and long with a couple of bubbles. It sounds like you're doing great...keep up the good work! Ice, ice, ice.
  8. elliemom

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Normal at 7 months? Too big for one picture, but it's a selfie.
  9. elliemom

    Venowave, anyone?

    With my first recovery, I had the little pumps on my legs and compression socks. It felt really good....especially when the nurses were kind enough to turn them on. The second time, I had compression leggings and injections in my tummy. Good luck with your surgery and take advantage of the...
  10. elliemom

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    @pottergirl. Oh my...I cannot fathom waking up during surgery. That just should never, ever happen! Just as a failed post op IV for constant pain management should not happen. Wherever that IV was supposed to be wasn't and the medication was going between my shoulder blades, not my hip...
  11. elliemom

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    I've read with interest and empathy your threads from the last few months. You will see that I also suffered a femoral head fracture, thanks to my dog wrapping her too long leash around both ankles. ER OS recommended a hemiarthroplasty, which really wasn't the best choice based on my heavy...
  12. elliemom

    Revision THR Warm backside

    @Josephine...so it sounds to me that I should stop PT, see a chiropractor, and then ask OS for cortisone? My how much $$ we spend hoping to fix our bodies that isn't. I did get a ball and weights for core training, which feels pretty good and riding recumbent stationary bike. Now if only the...
  13. elliemom

    Revision THR Warm backside

    @Josephine I'm not sure what you mean by hyperbole. Not that I don't know what that means, but I was explaining what a typical PT session consists of. Can you explain? The deep massage on the right piriformis muscle and light stretching is an effort to correct the pelvic tilt and release...
  14. elliemom

    Revision THR Warm backside

    @Jamie... Thank you for the chart. Most of the pain is DL1B and seems to go right through to DL5F. At rest it is just an achy pain, but walking or squatting, is sharp and occurs when brining that leg forward during the stride. I've been using 1 50mg Tramadol with 1 500 mg Tylenol twice a day...
Back
Top Bottom