Recent content by Elliemae

  1. Elliemae

    TKR More front tightness after 18 months

    Hello Keith, it sounds like you are doing very well. Your ROM is really good, and I can relate to the down slope walk, not easy but getting better. I had a little stall pattern with my recovery, I could not get beyond 65-70 degrees and at just past 8 weeks had an MUA. For me it was exactly...
  2. Elliemae

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Hello Heidi, what a lovely family! You inspired me early on in this process and it is wonderful to see how well you have done. Nothing but good positive energy for you with your next one. I am just a little past 3 months post op and since I had the manipulation I see marked progress every...
  3. Elliemae

    TKR It will fit!!!!

    11 weeks post op!! Hello, since my last post, my recovery/rehab from my knee replacement has definitely had its ups and downs. Prior to surgery I had been reading nonstop about the surgery and the rehab and getting all types of advise. One especially being that rehab should be slow and...
  4. Elliemae

    MUA Oceangal - LTKR Mar 26 2013; MUA Jun 25 2013

    Oceangal I am very interested in your outcome. I had my TKR on May 20th and cannot get passed 70 degrees flexion and my OS is anticipating an MUA if I am not at 90degrees by July 11th. My ROM was not good prior to surgery and having had a couple other surgeries many years ago the scar tissue...
  5. Elliemae

    How soon after TKR?

    My TRKR was on May 20th 2013 and our wedding anniversary is June 6th. As a Christmas present for by husband I bought him tickets for Andrea Bocelli and the concert was on June 5th. I had not scheduled my surgery when I bought the tickets and I asked him to get a back up date if I was not able...
  6. Elliemae

    getting ready for the other side

    You will do well as you have the Bone Smart knowledge!!!! I wish you a safe and speedy recovery.
  7. Elliemae

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Hello janae. I also had my TRKR on May 20th, so 4 weeks post op on Monday. I had a very uneventful surgery, was lucky enough to not suffer from the constipation issues. I am lucky my husbands coffee is a natural system starter for me, just like clockwork... As for the recovery, I had my...
  8. Elliemae

    TKR It will fit!!!!

    Hello and I hope everyone is doing well. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and have abandoned my cane, at least in the house. I still walk all funky, but I am walking, right.... I started out patient PT yesterday and it was not horrible, my flextion is still not good, stuck at about 61 degrees, but my...
  9. Elliemae

    TKR It will fit!!!!

    Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op and I get my staples out on Thursday, yeah!!!!! Today I had my official post op meltdown :tantrum: well not really a tantrum but the tears just came out of nowhere. I had just completed my morning exercise session and although I am making progress it never...
  10. Elliemae

    TKR More front tightness after 18 months

    Hello keith55 I also had RTKR on May 20th, so as of today we are 9 days post op, give or take a few time zone changes. :egypdance: My OS does not believe in the CPM, which I was a little disappointed about but am getting home PT 3 days a week and I have been reminded ( I am super competitive)...
  11. Elliemae

    taking a break.....

    new knee in June I can so relate and probably all of us can, you are facing the unknown, your anxiety is normal. Speaking from experience now, having this surgery will be one of the best things I have ever done. Will it be easy , no but you can do this. :yay: I am sending you wishes for a...
  12. Elliemae

    Bilateral TKR I Wanta Put on My,My,My,My,My Boogie Shoes

    Grammy59 I am sending speedy recovery wishes for you, I will add you to my hero list of those doing the BTKR, I commend you for going this route. My hat is off to you :egypdance: . I am just a little over 1 week post op and each day gets better and better Good luck and we will see you on the...
  13. Elliemae

    TKR It will fit!!!!

    1 week post op, :yay: amazing how fast that week went. I am a little nervous and wondering when the other "shoe" is going to drop. There is so much anxiety going into having this surgery and with the help from this sight I have not been surprised by my progress. I know that we each progress...
  14. Elliemae

    Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

    Hello, @Izzy with you having both knees done and me only one, it is all the "stuff" of recovery that makes the two of us similar. I have said it before anyone having BTKR is a hero in my book..... Glad you are home, glad there were no clots and glad that you are doing so well. We actually got...
  15. Elliemae

    I am supposed to be a May Marvel, but

    Hey Limpy, so sorry your surgery had to be re-scheduled, but on the afternoon OR time my surgery was also at 2PM and when I spoke to the anesthesiologist the night before he said I could have a light breakfast, no dairy and water till 9 a.m., so be sure to ask about that. Keep your chin up!
Back
Top Bottom