Recent content by ellasmummy

  1. ellasmummy

    THR When to golf again ..

    bottomshollow AJD I too am happy to report my golfing progress.....I have played 3 full rounds this week with no ill effects. The first drive was a lovely feeling, and almost as long as previously. My only issue is that I seem to be subconsciously 'protecting' my new right hip by not planting my...
  2. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Hi Getridingagain Yes this is a brilliant site and has really helped me through a really traumatic time. I am definitely ready to rock and roll now! Hope you find the same!
  3. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Hi all! 9 and a half weeks and nearly all done! Have just come back from 2 weeks intense physio and rehab and am feeling good. Am ready to play golf, I think, and ride my bike again, and guess what, the forecast says rain, rain, and more rain! Hey ho, almost back to normal. The only down side...
  4. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    .....and we did just that, but didn't quite look like teenagers!
  5. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Yes, it really is, and, another 'first time for a long time', hubby and I are heading out tonight for a good old-fashioned 'social' at our golf club......wonder if I can get him onto the dance floor? (Only joking - I hear a chorus of 'you be careful!). :yay:
  6. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Breaking news!!! I am over the moon and happy to report that tonight I have reached a major milestone.......I have had a lovely long lazy bath and afterwards......wait for it.......managed to bend my operated side leg enough to get it up on to the side of the bath and DRY MY OWN TOES!!!! Haven't...
  7. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Hello to all you hippies out there! Seven weeks down now and all systems go! In the UK we are having some really hot weather, and I am truly thankful that I am not just starting out on the hippie trail, it must be really tough in this heat, when just getting comfortable is a challenge, never...
  8. ellasmummy

    Six more days!

    Hi Zonacliff. Good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on, we are all with you!
  9. ellasmummy

    Six more days!

    Hi Zonacliff you've definitely stumbled on a helpful site here! Good luck for 17th, you will soon be back on the fairways, before you know it! I last played golf, in pain, using a buggy, the day before I got my new hip on 31 May. I had my six week check up on Friday 12 July, and have been...
  10. ellasmummy

    THR On the mend

    littlemac I've been waiting for a golfer to drop by. Your update has encouraged me no end! I have just been cleared, at six weeks, from all restrictions and was told I can play golf after four more weeks. Have to start with putting, chipping, and short pitching, and can't wait to get going. I am...
  11. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Hi Kim22 I used to work for the Fire Service, mainly in th Control Room. I was medically discharged in 2005 after 33+ years because of a neurological problem aggravated by workplace stress (but that's all in the past now!) The UK Fire Service has access to three brilliant centres for therapy...
  12. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Just back from 6 week checkup - discharged! Yay!!!! Am so happy, can drive, sleep on my side if I want to, play golf in a month as long as I work up to a full swing gradually! Can't wait, but won't even think about it until I'm back from 'rehab' on 2 August. Stop the world I want to get on!!!!!!!
  13. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Hi everybody! Six weeks post op today, nd off for my check up today. Hope to be able to drive home, and maybe sleep in my usual place on my favourite side later, rather than on my own in our spare bed! So far so good! Will drop by later to report.
  14. ellasmummy

    THR Lincolnshire lady -from the other side

    Poppet Kim22 @bottomshollo Thanks for all the encouragement. It really makes a difference! It's crazy to feel so proud of myself for doing 'ordinary things' again, but I'll go with the flow!!
Back
Top Bottom