Recent content by Elizabeth U

  1. Elizabeth U

    TKR Anxious for recovery

    Hi @BigDaddy I am 3 weeks out tomorrow. Regarding pain meds, I haven't been able to wean myself down as quickly on this knee as I did on the other knee that I had done in November. I tried to decrease, but ended up increasing again. I am currently taking one 5/325 Percoset every 4-7 hours...
  2. Elizabeth U

    TKR Left TKR Surgery on December1st - recovery so far

    @Remy Hi, I have a LTKR done on 11/20. I did not have pain in the back of my thigh until after this surgery. It is actually more of a very uncomfortable feeling that runs from the top of the back of my thigh down to the knee. I especially feel it when I am in the passenger seat in our car...
  3. Elizabeth U

    Getting my family ready

    @mamabash I had my first knee done 4 weeks ago. This is what was helpful to me: Educating my husband on what this surgery really is. It helped him see that I would truly be out of commission for a few weeks Setting up a table next to my "nest" with crackers (to eat when taking pain pills)...
  4. Elizabeth U

    I cancelled my surgery

    @kweh I should have also mentioned this: The thing that made me finally make the decision to move forward with the surgery is that anything can happen with jobs these days. I thought that if for some unfortunate reason I ended up getting laid off during this next year, that would push my...
  5. Elizabeth U

    I cancelled my surgery

    @kweh Hi, I completely understand the struggles you are having regarding work and surgery. Honestly, I was more anxious and worried about missing work than I ever was about surgery and recovery. I still feel guilty about it, but I've been standing firm with my employer. They have been...
  6. Elizabeth U

    2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Hi, Please add me to the December list. This is my second TKR. December 29 - RTKR (November 20 was my first--LTKR) Thanks!
  7. Elizabeth U

    TKR Post Op Shenanigans

    @GamsGoneWild Hi, I had my LTKR done the same day as you. It is interesting to see where you are on this journey, as compared to me. First, I've also had some low days. One day I sobbed to my visiting nurse (I didn't have a specific reason for crying, but couldn't help it--I hadn't cried...
  8. Elizabeth U

    In training for TKR 15th December 2014

    Hi Holly! I thought I'd jump into your discussion. I had a left TKR 8 days ago, so I know exactly how you are feeling. It is definitely a scary and stressful thing to go into, but (at least for me) reality has been much better than what I thought it would be. First, it is great that you are...
  9. Elizabeth U

    TKR New active life--here I come!

    Thanks for all of your replies to my last posting. I think things seem to be going okay, but I'm not quite sure. I'd love to know all of your experiences with the following: Last night I slept like a rock until my 4:00 am alarm to take my medicine. I went right back to sleep and slept like a...
  10. Elizabeth U

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    @Shellbell Hi!!! I will be thinking about you tomorrow! You will do just fine. After all of your reading and preparation, the actual surgery is almost anticlimactic. Put yourself on auto-pilot right now and let others care for you right now. Hope to "talk" with you soon!
  11. Elizabeth U

    TKR New active life--here I come!

    I've had my new knee for 4 days now and so far, so good. Here's my journey: Surgery day--the pre-op was surprisingly busy and the the entire hospital team moved together like a fine ballet. It made me feel like I was in good hands since they obviously knew what they were doing. I was...
  12. Elizabeth U

    TKR New active life--here I come!

    The day has finally arrived! I'm leaving for the hospital in a couple of minutes and should have my new knee in a few hours. I can't wait to get to the "other side." Thanks to everyone for your support this past month!
  13. Elizabeth U

    Going to have to walk the talk

    Hi...I'm going to jump in here to say thanks to everyone who expressed their kinds words for @gamgonewild, @Syl Dawn and me for our surgeries tomorrow. I'm due at the hospital at 10:00 am eastern time and surgery is at noon. I had my own meltdown yesterday, but today was good--lots of...
  14. Elizabeth U

    Bilateral TKR soon

    @newkneesNH and @1ELISEA Thank you SO much for your thoughtful words!! It truly makes me feel more safe and secure to know that people like you are looking out for me:). Definitely nervous, but more excited to it being over with. Can't wait to report back that "I'm on the other side!"...
  15. Elizabeth U

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    @sandbar525 So glad to hear everything is going well for you. Slow and steady appears to be the key! Just noticed that we share the same birthday! Just think--by that time we should both feel like new:) Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom