Recent content by Eliana

  1. Eliana

    Left hip THR scheduled in October

    My first THR is scheduled for October 14th. I was diagnosed two years ago. I'm 60. I put it off and tried to ignore it... Now can't wait to do it. Don't want to wake up at 70 and wonder WHY I let myself be completely miserable for ten years. And I AM miserable. Gave in and started using a cane...
  2. Eliana

    Question about pets

    I had bilateral rotator cuff repairs, broke my ankle in March, and now having both hips replaced. NO surgeon said anything at ALL about this. They all know I have a large Doberman and two cats. My Doberman is huge and bouncy... But he was gentle and careful around me through the other...
  3. Eliana

    Kind of Embarassing Catheterization Question

    Wow. Thank you SO much for asking this. I have the same problem(s). And had been worrying about how in the world I would be able to get out of bed to use the toilet. Thinking about all the water I drank the last time I had surgery and then had to walk with crutches to the WC over and over...
  4. Eliana

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    I know how you feel. I was diagnosed two years ago... But vanity and denial go a long way. Now I'm in pain 24/7. Need bilateral THR's. First one is in October. Whoever said that pain can go from zero to horrible over night is right. I was still fine a week ago. Now miserable. But hopeful that...
  5. Eliana

    2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

    Bilateral THR First hip: October 14th
Back
Top Bottom