Recent content by EkMkBP70

  1. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Thy. It’s been a long three months. But I continue to focus on what’s going well. I’m so fortunate that I have not had any complications or other health issues. It continues to be a long journey. I have some up and down days. There are days where I have to really motivate myself to exercise...
  2. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Well, I’m beginning week 14 ! But who’s counting. Right? just visited the surgeon on May 16th. The X-RAY ant the exam went well. ROM 125. Extension 0 I resumed working three times a week with my personal trainer . I’m walking everyday for 30 minutes on a treadmill . I’m running errands and...
  3. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    One week later , and I’m happy to report that I’m doing the same things that you’re doing . It’s working . I do my PT home plan at varied times during the day . I experienced a reduction in pain. I also have made a serious attempt at keeping it positive. Thanks to another Bonesmart person...
  4. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    It was the mental outl that made the difference
  5. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Like you, I’ve kep track of my recovery because I believe that I will need to have the right knee replaced eventually. what was most helpful was suggesting that I shift the focus to what I am able to do. I looked back over the notes of the last 12 weeks and the common theme seemed to be...
  6. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Just want go thy , benne68, I followed your advice and it’s helping . Journaling all the small gains . Great idea . It keeps me focused and on the lookout for positive outcomes . Less focus on the deficits I like the idea of things o look forward to doing with family and friends. The advice...
  7. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    I love this ! Thy❤
  8. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Great idea
  9. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    You are so right . I just drive myself crazy . Am I doing enough ? Am I doing too much ? Is this pain or ache normal ? Right now, the anxiety might be the real issue. The healing process is what it is . It’s not linear. I can’t let every pain , ache , and incident of swelling trigger me or cause...
  10. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Thy so so so much Your message is so reassuring and encouraging. It’s been a tough week.
  11. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Beginning Week 11. I’m not someone who loves walking for the sake of walking , but I go out and walk every day . I do my exercises once a day . I had three weeks of PT at home , three weeks outpatient then visited my surgeon at 6 weeks . He was very satisfied with the XRsy, my extension and ROM...
  12. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Thy. My gut and these responses are telling me the same thing .
  13. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    Thy so much . I appreciate your response
  14. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    I had a TLKR 9 weeks ago today. I am doing quite well. I do PT exercises at home (40 minutes per day) and at an outpatient facility three times a week. I also walk everyday. As expected, sometimes my knee aches or swells. Still icing and elevating . My ROM is 125. Still working on Extension. I...
  15. E

    TKR Week 1 Recovery

    I am so happy that I’m part of this group . So much support from folks who can relate to what you are experiencing and feeling. Our journeys are all so different. During Week#2, I told myself , just do the best you can today. I repeat that every morning. In some small way ,it helps . I live...
Back
Top Bottom