Recent content by eelainea65

  1. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @Helizabug Yes, I believe you are right. I have addressed the inflammation with more than one non-orthopedic physician. My visit to a pain clinic was beyond my comprehension. He proposed a spinal implant that would disable my nerves. The battery would be outside of my body temporarily to...
  2. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    10 1/2 months since revision... Hello again. I would love to tell you I’ve made great strides, but my condition has grown progressively worse. The inflammation around my knees and neuropathy from my knees down is maddening. No one seems to have an answer. I still take Tramadol, Ultracet, or...
  3. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    4 1/4 months... The prodigal Elaine has returned again. Humbled by the kind and encouraging messages that greeted me. Also humbled by the ever increasing pain spurred by my return to full time work Aug 15th (~260 miles daily as lab courier). Part-time hours are not an option. I’ve pondered...
  4. eelainea65

    TKR Annie's recovery thread

    I second @luvcats CO recommendation. I have lived in Aurora (just outside Denver) and Colorado Springs. Spent much time at Garden of the Gods. Strolling quaint Manitou Springs and visiting the cool cliff dwellings. Having afternoon tea at beautiful Glen Eyrie. Loved hiking in breathtaking Rocky...
  5. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Motherbone's Recovery Thread

    I’m so sorry for all you’ve been through. I’m struggling with a bit of depression myself. I’m very glad you have a wonderful, supportive hubby to help you out. Wish I didn’t have to go thru this alone. =| Wouldn’t it be nice if we each had a handful of Bone Smarties within driving distance? =‘)...
  6. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @Benay Sorry, you lost me at whole wheat pasta. *bleh* @Irish471 Yep, yep, yep... =‘) P.S. No clue where I got the idea you worked in a family business. LOL Must’ve been your great boss’s flexibility and letting you work from home. @kneeper Have tried it (two tablets of extra strength Tyl)...
  7. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @Benay Thanks. I wouldn’t want to mess with your kitty. He looks kinda mountain lion-ish! =O @Atlas_aus Oh, Shaughan. Your timing was perfect. I needed that post. =‘) No, fortunately I’m not a fan of Japanese food. Now Thai, on the other hand... And, yes, my lazy kitty beckons me often to join...
  8. eelainea65

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    “I am still experiencing stiffness after sitting for a period of time. I have to wait about 15-30 seconds before I can start walking. Same thing when getting up in the morning.” Isn’t that insane?! And heaven forbid you need to go to the bathroom pronto, ‘cause it just ain’t happening! =| I...
  9. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @sistersinhim Yeah, those darn stairs are definitely a nuisance! I have heard that about protein, as well. Wish it were homemade yeast rolls with butter instead! =‘D @Benay So much appreciation for all your words of encouragement. Sometimes it helps when others voice what you know to be true...
  10. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    I don’t know how to communicate this, but has anyone else ever felt paranoid (for lack of a better word) about their recovery?! More specifically, did you get the sense that something wasn’t right? Not necessarily stemming from knee replacement (albeit the brutal procedure that it is), but...
  11. eelainea65

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    No Meloxicam, Voltaren, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, etc. I’ve sworn off NSAIDS. Family history of kidney disease. TY, I’d love everything to “fall into place.” The inflammation and resulting discomfort are maddening.
  12. eelainea65

    Bilateral TKR BTKR 28th May 2019 - post op journal

    Biking at five weeks w/ a bilateral TKR!!! Mind officially blown. Way to go! I’m at 10 weeks today and not even close to where you are. In fact, I’m feeling intimidated by the fact that many return to work at 12 weeks. I think I’ll need at least another month! =| I can’t help but feel like I’ve...
  13. eelainea65

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    NAILED IT!!! I came back to earlier in your thread to look at where you were at 10 wks since I am today. Comparing is a slippery slope, but I often find myself asking, “Is this normal?!“ Upon reading, I was reassured that you sometimes still felt the need for pain relief. However, unlike you...
  14. eelainea65

    TKR Irish471's Recovery Thread

    Good one, Janet! =P Congrats on your 16 wks! (10 wks for me) I noticed you were wearing jeans. I can’t do that yet, even w/ my small weight loss. Having that material snug at my swollen knee... {shudder} But, boy, are you looking pretty! Happy you enjoyed your vacay and that it went without...
  15. eelainea65

    Revision TKR Elaine’s slow-as-a-snail revision recovery

    @Jockette, @sistersinhim, and @Lindylee: Thank you all for the prayers, hugs, and encouragement. 9 1/2 weeks: Wish I could say I’m in the home stretch, but both knees are swollen and incredibly painful. My heart’s still ouchy, too. </3 I think I almost made it to an 8 today. =| (Considered...
Back
Top Bottom