Recent content by earlgrey

  1. earlgrey

    TKR Getting better every day

    I have not posted as much as most people on here, but this web site has kept me sane and hopeful. It's been almost three months now and I go back to work Monday.My knee has finally started to come around and I still have a hip to be replaced in the future. Therapy made the different for me and...
  2. earlgrey

    TKR VW's new joint venture

    Hello I don't want you to be alarmed, but I have had thee blood clots in the last five years and maybe you should check that out right away. Mine were always behind and just below my knee. I had RTKR July 19th with a blood clot three days later. An ultrasound will spot it. My lower leg was hot...
  3. earlgrey

    TKR Getting better every day

    I have had to back track because of the blood clot for two weeks. Today is 35 days since TKR. I'm still on pain meds but i'm spacing them out more. When do people stop taking pain pills? My knee kills me after PT and I have a hard time sleeping every night with Ambien. I have an appointment with...
  4. earlgrey

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    I guess you are better now. I had a clot under my new knee for ten days that I thought would never leave. Even when the blood started flowing I have pain where the clot was or is that can drive you out of your mind. Read up on PTS from blood clots and it talks about scaring that can last in the...
  5. earlgrey

    TKR Getting better every day

    Thanks for the merge. I was not sure about doing that. I have been on blood thinners for five years. I am one of those people that would not have made it in the 1800's.I feel pressure because I can't go forever without working. I want to get strong and healed up more than any of these doctors or...
  6. earlgrey

    TKR Getting better every day

    I have not been on here much after the surgery that was on June 19th. I got home to throw a clot on day three. I have had them in the past and that is why I had trouble finding a OS to replace my knee. Had a IVC filter installed in my chest to stop blood clots only to have a big blood clot under...
  7. earlgrey

    TKR Getting better every day

    Just thought I would start a post op thread. Surgery went fine for me, but tough on my surgeon. He said the bones were braking off of my knee and it took him two hours to do a hour and half job. The doctors, nurses and technicians were great with the exception on one nurse who claimed that I...
  8. earlgrey

    TKR Sooz Bionic Knee Journey

    As Arnold would say "you'll be back"
  9. earlgrey

    Looking for TKR with BMI 45

    I want to thank mom2fencers for telling me about Dr. Stark from Franklin TN. He has been great when the other doctors would not give me the time of day.Thanks to you I am having my right knee replaced June 19th. Monday June 12th I will have a IVC filter placed to stop blood clots while I am off...
  10. earlgrey

    Do I need to take a knee replacement class before my surgery?

    Thanks for the input. I will just work it out in the little time I have left. June 19th is chasing me down and I have a long list of things to do plus working eight hours a day. This place has been great. I don't feel like I'm doing this alone. Family and friends do not understand.
  11. earlgrey

    Do I need to take a knee replacement class before my surgery?

    I will have my right knee replaced June 19th ( hopefully). Between work and everything I have to do is it that important to take this class? I read here and on line every night about what is coming up, but i'm running out of time. It's thirty five miles from my home and there is so much to do...
  12. earlgrey

    BMI 40+: No joy?

    Hello I have a BMI 45 and had a hard time too. I was shot down by five OS before a very nice lady from Nashville told me about a doctor close to where I live. I have a date of June 19th if every thing works out. Don't give up. Call every surgeon and ask if they have a BMI limit. I paid for three...
  13. earlgrey

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    June 19th. Things are moving fast now. I did not think the surgeon would do this surgery this fast. He is the only one in Nashville that would agree to do it. Is six weeks too fast? I have to have a vascular surgeon put a filter between my heart and knee because of a P.E. (blood clot) last...
  14. earlgrey

    BMI Too High

    Hang in there. I live in Tennessee and I first went to three surgeons who came close to laughing at me. They didn't mind charging me an arm and a leg(I know how that sounds).A very nice lady on Bone smart let me know about a doctor who works thirty miles away that said he would do it if my...
  15. earlgrey

    Looking for TKR with BMI 45

    Thanks for the input. I will get in touch with them.
Back
Top Bottom