Recent content by EalingGran

  1. EalingGran

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    Sounds like you are doing well. I used a stick outside for several months. It was mainly for confidence. I had my surgery in October and I was worried about uneven pavements covered with slippery leaves, then later by ice.
  2. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    The damage to the infrapatellar branch of the saphenous nerve and its relationship persistent pain is interesting. I really don't notice my numb patch on a day to day level now. However, I tried the Tinel test mentioned in the case report above. If I tap with my fingernails on the area of the...
  3. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Neuroma of the Infrapatellar branch of the saphenous nerve following Total knee Arthroplasty: a case report - PMC https://share.google/00yS8CZh7NMMD66Vp Another possibility for the neuropathic type pain you describe when put on trousers is a neuroma of the saphenous nerve. Damage to the...
  4. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Patellar Instability Following Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Review of Etiology, Diagnosis, and Management Strategies - PMC https://share.google/2gwYqAH5Tt1rK219S I thought this might be relevant- although it is after TKR not PKR
  5. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Here's hoping. Presumably a tracking problem could explain the joint feeling "off" all these years. And if it was gradually worsening it could also affect your balance. I think joint alignment is very hard to measure in straight pictures and even apparently minor abnormalities can be significant.
  6. EalingGran

    TKR First of two knees done

    I am so sorry. I hope you can get some answers that help. Hoffa Pad Impingement Syndrome - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf https://share.google/xAMtEmB3k8XDk4x2I I found this interesting article on Hoffa's fat pad impingement which might be useful to read before your consultation. It seems there is...
  7. EalingGran

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Amazing! So glad to hear you are doing well and back to the things you love.
  8. EalingGran

    TKR I'm back! 2nd TKR, huzzah..

    You are doing amazingly well. Congratulations!
  9. EalingGran

    Revised PKR to TKR Tosh's PKR to TKR Recovery.

    You're doing really well for relatively early on still. Have a great trip!
  10. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Good luck! I hope you get some definitive answers to your longstanding issues. I am sorry your balance seems to be deteriorating.
  11. EalingGran

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Or maybe go back to the original sources. I often use AI for my initial trawl of the internet- but check back to the source material. I have then quoted that in medical consultations. Like a recent cardiology consultation for my husband, I queried something and referenced some new European...
  12. EalingGran

    THR It’s the hip’s turn

    Good luck to you both!
  13. EalingGran

    TKR April 28, 2026

    Glad to hear you are doing well and the spell of rest/ extra sleep seems to have helped.
  14. EalingGran

    THR It’s the hip’s turn

    I am so sorry to hear about your horse. I do hope you are right that he is improving. Please don't let it delay your surgery. Your husband is right- you should plough on and get it done. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.
  15. EalingGran

    TKR TKR Hardware?

    I agree with others that if you don't have pain or swelling and the knee never ' gives way' then it is almost certainly fine. Is it just a clicking sensation or does it actually feel in any way unstable? If you really aren't happy with these sensations I would check with your surgeon that the...
Back
Top Bottom