Recent content by Dysplasia

  1. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    It's been a while since I was here last time. I am 10 weeks post op. I am doing great. I am back to work from last week for half a day and this week I am back full time. I don't think it is too hard. It is just hard for me to get up early in the morning. (I have to be up 5:00am). I have been to...
  2. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    Yesterday was my last home therapy. Physical therapist think I am doing well and I don't need his help any more. So I am discharged from physical therapy. Now I have to do excersize on my own. My left leg muscle is still tender and when I do excersize, it hurts a little but muscle should get...
  3. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    Today I got scolded from physical therapist. Last week, he told me I can walk as much as I want. Last Thur, I was feeling quite well so I went to walk around a park which was about 3/4 mile. I was fine so I did the same walk on Fri too. After that, my left hip started to hurt. I realized I...
  4. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I slept on a sofa last night and I slept relatively well. I like to nap on a recliner but I did not feel to sleep in it all night. Sofa is softer than the bed and when I tried side position with pillows in between legs, it did not bother me weighing my body on incisions. As I had both hip done...
  5. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I had very good weekend. On Sun, I went to the zoo with kids. I was not so confident walking that distance, so I was sitting in a wheel chair holding my 1 year old girl on my lap, and my husband was pushing me, and 5 year old was walking along. It was a little hot but it was fun to get out of...
  6. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    Took shower this morning. It felt so good. I had shower before but with saranwrap and trash bag to keep my dressing dried, I didn't feel so refreshed. I don't need Ted hose so I didn't need my husband help to get dressed this morning. I realize how many things I take granted, taking shower...
  7. D

    THR Dorothy's 2nd hip recovery, June 22, 2012

    Good luck! I will be thinking of you.
  8. D

    THR Aloha From The Other Side

    I am glad I inspired you. Listen to your body then you know what you can and can not.
  9. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I went to see PA today. He actually removed my steri-strips today, checked my incision, and told me everything looks great! Skin around the incisions are red and itchy but he said I should not need to put gauze any more either and it should become normal looking skin in a week or so. Now I can...
  10. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    Thank you for thinking about me. My rash has calm down. I did not need to take allergy med today. My husband is also doing better. Things are starting to get back to normal. I will see PA tomorrow so I will give my report then.
  11. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I was miserable with my rashes yesterday. It was so bothering me and did not sleep at all. Yesterday, I had home nurse come in and she talked to my doctor to get additional medicines to give me some comforts. Last night, I was still itchy but it was better than the day before. Today I rested...
  12. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I ended up going ER for rashes. It progressively got worse and my body started to shake and I could not breath from hyperventiration. Itchiness is so bad but I can't bend my legs or anything. So I felt I needed medical help. Called 911, and went back to the ER in the same hospital I was in. This...
  13. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I talked to OS office about my rashes. He is not quite sure what caused it but most likely caused by antibiotic pill I started to take last night. All over my back is really itchy and it is unbearable. I don't need any more issuses. I already have enough to deal. Home PT came out today and...
  14. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    Is it normal to have skin rash kind of looking skins and very itchy where it had tapes from surgery? My good part of lower back and front thigh is very red and itchy. Putting lotion seems to help but I was not sure this is other kind of skin rash that i need to be concerned or just skin...
  15. D

    THR Dysplasia's Recovery

    I finally came home. In the morning, when I tried PT, I walked too far and I got so dizzy and couldn't do steps. After a while my arms and face were all tingling and I was not good. It was a scarely moment for me. But they checked my BP which was a little low but not too bad. They checked...
Back
Top Bottom