Recent content by DUTCH

  1. D

    My Knee Guide - iPhone App To Help with Your Surgery Planning

    Sorry Jamie. I guess my post was not clear enough. I was referring to the MyKneeGuide website. It contains far more information than the MyKneeGuide iPhone/iPad app. See here to see to what I was referring: https://www.mykneeguide.com/
  2. D

    My Knee Guide - iPhone App To Help with Your Surgery Planning

    The website has much more info than the app.
  3. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Since my recovery has often not followed the gospel here and with the criticism it has received at times, you may be right; and it is probably time to move on. Best regards and thanks to those who gave helpful suggestions along the way!
  4. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Quite simply, the knees (plural) do not yet have enough flex and strength to do what I want and need them to do. Ergo, I'm doing what needs to be done to improve things.
  5. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    In actuality, reasonably increasing the exercise at home on my total trainer and recumbent bicycle has definitely helped to loosen things up and reduce the discomfort; i.e better improvement with reasonably more exercise.
  6. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    A little update. The next PT had the flex down to 122°, which they did not like. They prescribed an anti-inflammatory drug called DUEXIS 2X/day. It is a mixture of 800 mg of Ibuprofen and 26.6 mg of Famotidine, aka Pepcid. Had my next PT after three days on the DUEXIS, and the flex had...
  7. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Nothing that 400 mg of Ibuprofen at bed time can't handle.
  8. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Progression seems to be reversing a bit. The last two weeks the flexion has been going backwards. Two weeks ago it was 136°. Last week it was down to 127°, and this week it is 123°. Not sure why, but PT says if it continues next week, I need to see the doc. :shrug: Onwards and upwards -...
  9. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Thanks. I am extremely grateful for the way my recovery is progressing. :thumb:
  10. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    The same to you, too! Today is 4 weeks and 3 days post-op. Just left out patient PT where they measured 136 deg flexion. Ended aspirin anti-coagulant protocol today, and off all pain meds except for 400 mg Ibuprofen at bed time. Therapist, who has worked with me through all three knee...
  11. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    If I remember, you too, are one who went home the same afternoon as your morning surgery. Another similarity. I sure am glad I was able to do that.
  12. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Believe me, I'm really a wuss; and I try to listen very carefully to the messages my body sends me.
  13. D

    TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

    Four weeks post-op and totally off the opiates, Gott sei Dank! Ibuprofen 400 mg occasionally once during the day and at bed time is all that's needed, at least for today. Flexion last Friday at 3.5 weeks post-op was 125 degrees and extension was 1 degree. Another out patient PT tomorrow...
  14. D

    TKR Bumps on the Recovery Road<

    +1 I had thought my post on that point was very clear. Bundled payments coming in 2018 will reduce the amounts actually paid even more. It's no wonder that so many docs are leaving the profession.
  15. D

    TKR Bumps on the Recovery Road<

    If you saw what Medicare or the insurance company do to the OS's billing, you might want to reconsider making that statement. On my most recent LTKR, my surgeon billed US$6,852.00, and Medicare paid him US$1,366.67. His PA billed US$6,852.00, and Medicare paid US$189.66. It's hard to even...
Back
Top Bottom