Recent content by Duffer71

  1. Duffer71

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    I did not remember how annoying the staples were until they came out. It felt great!
  2. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    This is day 17 and things are fairly good. The only pain I experience is sore muscles from doing therapy. I take one painkiller at bedtime to handle that. I may try switching to Tylenol and see what happens. I am Using my walker in the house and then going outside to enjoy the warmth I use...
  3. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I did my exercising earlier in the day and last night was much better, very few problems. I did lots of leg exercises for many months prior to the surgery and the soreness surprised me at first. Physical therapy person said the soreness comes from these muscles working so hard to make up for...
  4. Duffer71

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Swelling was a one to two week problem for me. Just had my second hip done on the 16th. The swelling has been in the thigh and hip. It was quite large for 3 or 4 days. I would lie down and elevate my leg for an hour and a half in the morning and again in the afternoon. The first hip was...
  5. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I am doing most things by myself quite well. Had a tough time going to sleep last night. Muscle soreness from therapy was greater than I thought it would be. No painkillers taken yesterday until that hit last night. I am going to do my therapy earlier today and hope that helps. I took my...
  6. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    Today is day # 11 and things are going fairly well. I take pain pills occasionally, usually from soreness following exercises for physical therapy. I had a painful evening two days ago but that seemed to be a breakthrough because the pain has just not been as bad after that night. I think...
  7. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I had posterior on both sides. He does both and I inquired as to procedure I would get. His answer was in my case he needed space to work with that posterior provided. My response was give me the procedure that would give me the best results. That is the most important. Sent from my iPad...
  8. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I do think going to a doctor that is also a university professor in a teaching hospital has great advantages. Since the are in a research based environment they are more likely to make timely changes to procedures. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I went to the same surgeon and hospital (great reputation in St. Louis). I had the same brand put in. A year ago on a check for the first hip the doc seeing me said the model of the first hip was no longer made because it was too expensive and insurance companies would no longer pay for that...
  10. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    I have thought that you inch your way back to normalcy. I am always concerned that I will briefly forget one of the basic restrictions. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    Today is day 7, glad to see it. I am taking one norco every 4 to 6 hours. I seem to have a lot more muscle soreness in my upper leg that last time. Getting around okay. I am 50% weight bearing for four weeks so I cannot push it too much. Swelling as well. Hoping that will diminish greatly...
  12. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    This is day 5 and it is much as the last time. Stay off my feet and deal with swelling. I am icing and elevating. The hip feels good. I am surprised at my muscle soreness when I do my simple therapy exercises. Just a week ago these were simple exercises, now it is a struggle. Thanks for...
  13. Duffer71

    THR hip# 2 is in and functions!

    Hip number 2 is in. Two years and five days after replacing the left hip. All is well. 50% weight bearing on the new hip for four weeks. Doc said bones were a little soft.
  14. Duffer71

    Using NSAIDs or other meds to delay surgery

    It's all about quality of life. Put your efforts into finding the right hospital and surgeon. When you have recovered you will be mad at yourself for putting it off so long and the quality time you lost dealing with the pain. I had my left hip replaced two years ago and the right one will be...
  15. Duffer71

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    I am having right hip replaced on March 16th. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom