Recent content by drinkvernors

  1. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Hello everybody, its been quite awhile since I posted. Hip recovery has gone very well. Ive taken a few tumbles without hurting anything. Its been almost a year and a half since surgery and I still can't sleep on that side. It doesn't hurt when I lay on it but feels like a big uncomfortable lump...
  2. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Thanks Toohip. Originated in Detroit 1860's. Very popular in Mich and with Mich expats.
  3. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    I feel fine. Doc put me on 7 days of antibiotics and today is day 4. Its a little more red but I'm hoping that 3 more days will make the difference. Trying not to think about the needle. Last night started putting a topical antibiotic on it for good measure. Thanks for asking Jaycey.
  4. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    I appreciate it Sharon. Had visitors last week from southwest side of the mitton. Did a lot of hiking on my new hip and naturally the Vernor's flowed freely. I love how with the new hip the arthritis pain is completely gone.
  5. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Yes indeed. Thanks
  6. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Have any of you had a needle aspiration of your hip joint?
  7. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Thanks for your reply Jaycey. I went to my ortho doc. He put me on a powerful antibiotic and said if it isn't completely cleared up in 7-10 days they may have to put a needle into the joint to take a sample to make sure the infection hasn't reached there. I certainly don't relish that.
  8. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Hello again, been awhile since I've visited. Been exactly 1 year since my THR and I'm doing fine. One concern: last night in bed it felt like an area in my incision was sore. This morning I looked at it and there is a red area that is like a big pimple right by the incision. The spot is sore...
  9. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Thanks bottomshollow. Are you a fellow former hippie too?
  10. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Thanks Jaycey, its always encouraging to hear others experience. My little Miata sports car has been in storage for over 6 months. Here in the States spring is in full bloom so next week I'm going to see if I can stuff myself into it again. I think the difficult part will be getting out of it as...
  11. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    I've made it to the 6 month mark! That side is weaker but I'm doing good. Question: Its still too uncomfortable to sleep on that side. About how long did it take you guys till you were comfortable sleeping on the surgery side? Thanks.
  12. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Hello again friends. I've been doing pretty good but looking forward to spring. Next week will be 5 months since my surgery. I surprised myself the other day at how easily I was able to swing my leg up from a standing position onto the top of my bed mattress. That metal joint swings like a ball...
  13. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Question: is there usually a warning before you do something that dislocates your hip or does it just all of a sudden go out?
  14. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Thank you. No major damage, just torn tissue and muscle.
  15. drinkvernors

    THR weak hip

    Well, its been 8 days since I fell on my knee. I used ice and elevated it as much as possible. The knee is still quite swollen, bruised, painful and doesn't bend. Its become worse instead of better.I made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for today, so we'll see. By coincidence...
Back
Top Bottom