Recent content by drgnfly

  1. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR POD 2

    Two days ago marked four months out from my initial date of surgery. I just wanted to give a brief check-in to let everyone know how I'm doing. I feel like a new person. I'm doing things that before surgery I thought that I might never do again. I take a couple of Aleve (naproxen sodium) a...
  2. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR Zumbamama is getting ready to shake it!

    I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I didn't receive a notification of the post, and I'm just finding it now. I'll reply in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I was hospitalized for 7 days (I had a dislocation/revision four days in), so my experience may be a...
  3. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR POD 2

    I just wanted to check in at what is almost my 3-month mark. I went camping with friends last weekend, and was able to carry a heavy cooler up and down a very steep and rocky hill. I waded in a fast-moving river, and walked against the current. I really couldn't be any happier with the...
  4. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR POD 2

    Thank you for checking in, and thanks for the translation @webbie73! I'm now at 10 weeks post-op, and I'm feeling really good most of the time. I went back to work two weeks ago for 4 hrs/day. I'm moving up to 6 hrs/day for two weeks starting tomorrow. I probably could have pushed myself and...
  5. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR POD 2

    Hi @catdemar, thanks for checking in. Things have definitely gotten much better since my initial POD 2 post. I was in the hospital for a total of seven days (Mon - Sun), and then I spent eleven days (Sun - Wed) in an acute rehab facility. I live alone, so the acute rehab was an absolute...
  6. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR POD 2

    Hello! I had bilateral anterior THR on Monday 3/16. The procedure took longer than expected due to tightness in the musculature of my left hip. Initially, the worst pain that I had was from spending 6 hours in the hard plastic boots of the Hana table. During PT on POD 1, my left leg was weak...
  7. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR Surgery Complete - 2/24/2015

    That's great info, thank you! I'll make sure to ask my OS about it at my pre-op appointment.
  8. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR Surgery Complete - 2/24/2015

    @lando622 Would you happen to know the name or model of the icing unit that you're using? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. drgnfly

    Sleep apnea and hip replacement

    When I was working in the OR, we would encourage patients to bring their own machines. They would be labeled with their info and kept with them after surgery when they moved into PACU so it was always available and with the patient. Good luck. I hope you get to use the equipment with which...
  10. drgnfly

    Bilateral THR Surgery Complete - 2/24/2015

    @catdemar @lando622 Hi there - I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm going to be having bilateral anterior approach THA on 3/16, and I cannot wait! Landon, it was really helpful to read your insights. I've also chosen to go to an acute rehab facility after discharge from the hospital...
  11. drgnfly

    Frustrated

    Oh man, I know the car thing well. Before I get in, I have to stand there for a minute, talking myself into it. So sorry to hear that you're hurting. I've got a countdown app on my phone with a picture that I made as a background. The picture has s still from my current MRI on top and an X-ray...
  12. drgnfly

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Hi, @Blessed1. I noticed that we're around the same age, having the same surgery, around the same time. I just wanted to reach out and say hello.
  13. drgnfly

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Thanks for adding me, @bottomshollow. My actual surgery date is 3/16 not 3/26. Thanks again! drgnfly
  14. drgnfly

    2015 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

    Hi everyone - I'm new to the site. I'm scheduled for a bilateral THR via anterior approach on March 16th, and I couldn't be more excited! My background is in healthcare, including time spent as an OR nurse who circulated many total hip cases. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Back
Top Bottom